Job Title: State Supervisor American University of Nigeria
Locations: Damaturu, Maiduguri and Yola
Department: Atiku Center
Nature of Employment: Project Assignment
Supervisor: Report to the Project Director
The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
In collaboration with a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), the American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking prospective candidates for the anticipated Prevention of Spread of COVID-19 Pandemic through Awareness Raising and Livelihoods Support for Adolescent Girls and Boys in Borno, Adamawa and Yobe states.
- The State Supervisor will provide support and technical expertise to the project in the planning and implementation of livelihood entrepreneurship activities.
- H/she will also provide support in the Prevention of Spread of Covid-19 Pandemic through Awareness Raising and Livelihoods Support for Adolescent Girls and Boys.
- Develop the methodology to be implemented to support the beneficiaries through their employability and business development training.
- Design and development of activities to improve individual entrepreneurial and employability capabilities.
- Generate and submit period report on monitoring of activities to the PD.
- Serve as liaison person between Head office, field office, the project beneficiaries and communities.
- Supervises the planning, design, implementation and post-implementation evaluation of all entrepreneurship-related trainings (on-the-job and formal) provided to program staff, volunteers or other stakeholders.
- Develops and maintains good relationships and lines of communication with all the stakeholders of the project (relevant local authorities and communities).
- Ensures proper monitoring of all the project field activities under his/her responsibility so as to follow up on the beneficiary’s pathways towards and post business creation: trainings/workshops’ participation, monitoring forms, etc.
- Reports any problems encountered in the field such as project participants’/stakeholder’s complaints to the PD.
- Translate of the official document and communication document (flyers…) when requested by his supervisor
- Ensure accurate implementation of program data forms.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work and deal successfully in multi-cultural environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- BSc./BA, HND in Management, Business / Public Admin, Economics, or relevant field.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of work experience is required.
- Patience, diplomacy and Ability to work in a team.
- Strong planning and coordination skills
- Adaptability (different sites and constraints)
- Ability to work in an emergency context and ability to respect and deal with tight deadlines
- Good reporting skills
- Advanced knowledge of Spoken and Written English required.
- Good knowledge of Hausa language (Required)
Description of Benefits
- Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the Project.
Application Closing Date
26th May, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here (doc) to apply online and submit their Resumes, Cover Letters and references on a single file to: [email protected]n.edu.ng in a word document or PDF format. The position being applied for should be the subject of the email
- The position is local position and is open to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
- The position is contingent on the award of the project to the American University of Nigeria.
- This position is for one year, renewable based on performance and continued donor funding.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AUN is an equal opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce; we do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race creed, colour, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion and marital status.