Job Title: Station Manager
Location: Benin, Edo (Benin Airport)
Employment Type: Full Time
Effective Date: TBA
- The Station Manager is to ensure on-time performance of all domestic, Regional and international flights, transit passenger, baggage, cargo and aircraft activities with the highest standard of service and efficiency rendered to passengers and customers of the airlines with safety, security and on-time departure being top priority.
- Oversees all aspects of the station’s operations ensuring safe, punctual, efficient and smooth operations.
- Assumes direct responsibility for his Station Agents, Customer Service Agent, Security Staff, Ticketing and Reservation Officers, Dispatcher, Ramp Agent, Driver, and Catering Officer) Check-in Agent and Baggage Handlers etc)
- Directs all activities related to Station Operations and Coordinates all functions to ensure superior customer service, operational integrity, and positive employee relations.
- Develops schedules ensuring cost compliance and allocating needed resources
- Ensures customer service representatives are fully trained, and knowledgeable and provide superior customer service.
- Ensures compliance with all UNA Ground Operation Manuals, Load Manuals, Station Manuals and other documents relevant to the management of the station.
- Ensures compliance with International, Federal, State and Local Aviation Regulations
- Identifies and manages station problems, investigates and provides recommendations for operational efficiency for Management
- Makes yearly plans and budgets for the station. Negotiates and manages airport-specific contracts, and quotations and follows up service compliance in accordance to the existing contracts.
- Initiates service recovery efforts in the event of operations irregularities in cooperation with Operational Dispatch.
- Verifies and approves all station-related invoices and reports any mistakes accordingly.
- Involves in station staff recruitment, initiatives disciplinary hearings, training, development and motivational exercises for station staff
- Provides leadership and guidance to the ground handling agents and UNA staff
- Represents UNA at all Airport related functions, meetings and liaises with airport authority and governmental offices.
- Ensures company brand and values compliance
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned by management from time to time.
- Ensures having meetings with his team.
- Ensures team work in the station.
- Maintain excellent relationship with Aviation Authorities-NCAA, FAAN, NAMA and NIMET and others-bankers, hotel, car hires etc
- Complete quarterly and annual appraisal and staff assessment and make recommendations and submit to HGO.
- Submit to FAAN, NAMA, NCAA all relevant official documents required by regulation.
Experience & Qualifications
- HND or B.Sc in any discipline.
- A Higher Degree will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of four (4) years experience as a Station Manager.
- Must be able to work late hours and multi-task.
- Knowledge of Nig.CARs.
- Knowledge of Ground Handling Operations will be of advantage.
Job Attribute Required Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent sales and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to direct and develop staff.
- Ability to develop working partnerships with all staff in airlines at the airport
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Must be smart enough to take critical decisions within a very short time limit
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application (indicating location) and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.