Latest vacancies and careers at STEMCafe in Nigeria.
STEMCafe is a non-linear learning centre where kids and young adults through play, explore the amazing world of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) through fun interactive activities for them to experiment with amazing creations and ideas that develop lifelong learning and interest in STEM.
We are expanding Africa’s capacity and diversity of the STEM workforce pipeline to prepare the younger generation for the best jobs of the future that will see Africa become innovative, secure and competitive.
Jobs at STEMCafe Recruitment
January 29, 2023
October 21, 2022
STEMCafe Job Title: Graphics Designer Location: LagosJob Type: Full-time Job Description We are looking to recruit a creative and organized professional to serve as a Graphic Designer. The selected candidate will… Read more here
September 7, 2022
STEMCafe Job Title: Communications Lead Location: LagosJob Type: Full-time Job Description We are looking to recruit a Communications Manager, passionate about science, technology, and facilitation. The Communications Lead will serve as… Read more here
August 29, 2022
STEMCafe Job Title: Communications Manager Location: LagosJob Type: Full-time Job Description We are looking to recruit a Communications Manager, passionate about science, technology, and facilitation. The Communications Lead will serve as… Read more here
August 10, 2022
Job Title: Programme Manager | STEMCafe Location: LagosJob Type: Full-time Job Description We are seeking a passion-driven individual with excellent interpersonal skills for the role of Programme Manager. The Programme Manager… Read more here
Job Type: Full-time
- We are looking to recruit a Communication Associate with a passion for science, technology, and facilitation in Lagos.
- If you are highly organised, enjoy communicating effectively with stakeholders and have an interest in the Education and Technology sector then we’d love to hear from you!
- Work in a communication team to create and develop clear communication and promotional plans.
- Capture and document media content ( pictures and videos) of the kids, daily activities at the maker space, and engage our community effectively.
- Create and design monthly content calendars and sletters
- Contribute to the communications strategy for current and existing activities, and promotions
- Work with the content team to produce relevant, compelling social media updates with links to activities or promotions
- Analyze media coverage; measure and provide reports on each campaign and develop responses when needed
- Respond to inquiries from all our Social Media platforms as well as emails and phone calls.
- Capturing pictures and videos of kids, day-to-day activities at the cafe, and converting them to storytelling.
- Degree in Marketing, Communication or related field
- 1 year of experience in communications, PR, or a related field
- Experience with creative storytelling, proactive press outreach, and building relationships.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Executive-level written and visual presentation skills, with effective communication across functional teams.
Skills and Qualities:
- Demonstrate problem-solving and critical thinking with versatile copywriting skills.
- Must be fun and able to connect with young people using various strategies.
- Strong research and analytical skills, with the ability to pay attention to detail.
- Able to work independently, and under minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate ideas and plans clearly and effectively.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Confident, self-motivated, and able to work well in teams across Africa
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with lots of responsibility.
- Basic editing skills for pictures and videos.
What we offer:
- Paid time off
- A highly collaborative team environment that will support your professional and personal growth
- Work alongside great talent.
- A culture of learning and innovation.
- Opportunities for career growth and training.
- Interaction with industry leaders and forward-thinking people.
- A chance to make a social difference.
- Overall fun company.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online