Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We hereby invite applications from highly resourceful, experienced and dynamic professionals for the position below:
Job Title: Strategic Information Advisor
Position Reports To: TBD
- The TMEC / RISE program is a newly-awarded 5-year, USAID-funded global HIV program that supports countries to achieve and maintain HIV epidemic control through provision of strategic technical assistance and direct service delivery to improve prevention, HIV case finding and treatment programming.
- In Nigeria, TMEC / RISE comprising of Jhpiego, ICAP at Columbia University, a global health leader situated within the Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health in New York City and others will support the Government of Nigeria to address barriers in HIV services among at-risk adult men, women and priority populations and to build capacity of local implementing partners, continuously leveraging data to successfully course correct and achieve and maintain epidemic control.
- This project aims to achieve and maintain the primary prevention and 95-95-95 goals that are critical to HIV epidemic control in Nigeria. The program will also support PEPFAR’s transition of HIV service delivery to local partners, advancing progress along the journey to self-reliance in Akwa-Ibom, Cross River, Niger, and Adamawa.
- The Strategic Information Advisor will support the TMEC RISE project on all SI related implementation and data management.
- S/he will provide technical assistance and capacity building to the SI team and its stakeholders in the development of and implementation of data analysis, use, and dissemination strategy.
- S/he will additionally design strategy and activities to improve capacity on triangulating data from multiple data sources to inform policy and decision making.
- S/he will contribute to the design of robust, user-friendly, high-quality interfaces for data visualization and data dissemination, to enhance district-led and nationally supported evidence-based programming for improved understanding of HIV burden across interventions (95-95-95 cascade).
- S/he will additionally provide technical assistance to design and implement strategy to build capacity of M&E systems to oversee data quality and data use for decision making (including capacity building of M&E staff).
Required Qualifications / Abilities, Skills
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Statistics, Epidemiology and other related areas with 8 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation in international development related to HIV/AIDS comprehensive services
- 8 – 10 years practical and demonstrable experience in monitoring and evaluation, of which 1-2 years’ experience is on core data management for PEPFAR 3.0 programs.
- Experience in providing M&E support to programs working with key populations including one or more of the following is preferred: sex workers, men who have sex with men, transgender persons and people who inject drugs
- Previous experience working with USAID or PEPFAR-supported programs including familiarity with USAID M&E reporting requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to be the technical specialist and as the lead subject matter expert in monitoring and evaluation.
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex data analytics utilizing Microsoft Excel, STATA, Epi Info and/or other analytic software and to provide evidence-based recommendations accordingly.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the use of GIS and other tools to support geo-spatial display of data to target program interventions and resources.
- Demonstrated ability to perform robust data extraction from internal and external information systems.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public health sector, non-governmental organizations (NGOs) is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to portray complex data sets in easy to understand formats including visualizations.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Nigerian health and social service information systems and monitoring and evaluation processes as it relates to data collection for performance-based reporting and use of data.
- Previous experience in building capacity for generation and use of SI.
- Demonstrated written, presentation, communication and organizational skills in English
- Ability to travel within Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
Tuesday 4p.m; 3rd March, 2020.
- The title/subject of your email and application should be the position / Location you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Nigerian nationals living in Abuja are strongly encouraged to apply
- For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.ihpiego.org.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview.
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.