Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We hereby invite applications from highly resourceful, experienced and dynamic professionals for the position below:
Job Title: Strategic Information Officer
Position Reports To: Strategic Information Advisor
- The TMEC / RISE program is a newly-awarded 5-year, USAID-funded global HIV program that supports countries to achieve and maintain HIV epidemic control through provision of strategic technical assistance and direct service delivery to improve prevention, HIV case finding and treatment programming.
- In Nigeria, TMEC / RISE comprising of Jhpiego, ICAP at Columbia University, a global health leader situated within the Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health in New York City and others will support the Government of Nigeria to address barriers in HIV services among at-risk adult men, women and priority populations and to build capacity of local implementing partners, continuously leveraging data to successfully course correct and achieve and maintain epidemic control.
- This project aims to achieve and maintain the primary prevention and 95-95-95 goals that are critical to HIV epidemic control in Nigeria. The program will also support PEPFAR’s transition of HIV service delivery to local partners, advancing progress along the journey to self-reliance in Akwa-Ibom, Cross River, Niger, and Adamawa.
- The Strategic Information Officer will assist in the development, implementation and management of the monitoring and evaluation requirements of the JHPIEGO Nigeria Country Office.
- S/he will work closely with program and technical staff to maintain monitoring frameworks that are accurate, up-to-date and comprehensive.
- S/he will maintain office data base systems and ensure up-to-date, accurate information in them.
- S/he will assist the program staff in preparing sections of program reports that deal with monitoring and evaluation, and in the implementation of program assessments and evaluations.
Required Qualifications / Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Postgraduate / Master’s Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Biostatistics, Epidemiology Public Health or related field.
- At least 4 – 6 years’ post-NYSC professional experience as a statistician/data scientist and/or in the implementation and management of health Strategic Information systems.
- Familiarity with USAID/PEPFAR HIV/AIDS programs, Nigerian public sector health system and HIV/AIDS response,
- Core Strategic information experience, conversant with MERL indicators, data collection, analysis and data visualization using DHIS, LAMIS, Power Bl and other innovative data management system
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Microsoft Excel) and related applications.
- High-level computer skills using DHIS2, SPSS and/or STATA, Power BI and Epi-Info
- Attention to detail and accuracy in basic data management, analysis and reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to train and build the capacity of others on HMlS tools.
- Knowledge of electronic medical records systems and deployment of database systems for patient monitoring
- Cooperative, competent, hardworking, flexible and dependable in a multi-cultural, open office situation;
- Self-motivated and proactive with a positive attitude to work;
- Ability to organize and coordinate information and logistics for programs and activities.
Application Closing Date
Tuesday 4p.m; 3rd March, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV as One Single Word document indicating Location to: [email protected]
- The title/subject of your email and application should be the position / Location you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Nigerian nationals living in Abuja are strongly encouraged to apply
- For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.ihpiego.org.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview.
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.