Job Title: Strategic Partner Manager, Communities | Meta Nigeria | Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- We are seeking to grow our Community Partnerships team with a Strategic Partner Manager for Sub Saharan Africa (SSA) to support a selected group of hand curated community leaders who have built and grown relevant and impactful communities on and offline.
- The Community Partnerships team’s mission is to empower community leaders to start, grow and sustain meaningful communities around the world.
- The team serves community leaders to understand and address their needs in sustaining and strengthening their communities. We succeed when community leaders thrive.
- This person will support a portfolio of community leaders in SSA (with a focus on Nigeria, Kenya & South Africa) through community management and product education strategies. This includes equipping leaders with tools and training to grow and engage their members, facilitating peer-to-peer support and leveraging adoption of Facebook products to develop their communities and have impact on- and offline.
- Through operational rigor and knowledge of their vertical and partner set, this person will also work cross-functionally across different teams to help shape our products, inform strategy on approaches to new partnerships opportunities, and optimize new experiences and processes to ensure our partners are successful.
- Identify key community leaders in Sub Saharan Africa to be our strategic partners and work with Partnerships team to successfully onboard them into our programs
- Support partners to grow, engage and sustain their communities, maximizing their impact on and offline
- Become the primary point of contact for and maintain strong direct executive relationships with Facebook’s key community partners
- Build and drive partner strategy to support community building on Facebook across the family of apps, with a focus on Facebook Groups
- Develop deep product expertise with an ability to collect and synthesize meaningful feedback and translate it into high quality insights to inform product roadmaps across a variety of product teams
- Recruit for and run early stage product testing of multiple product features amongst a diverse set of community leaders
- Identify growth initiatives, synthesize trends in the ecosystem and couple these with insights from partners
- Partner cross-functionally with a variety of teams, including Product, Marketing and Operations teams to advocate for partner needs and build functionality to support and recognize the work of community leaders
- Adapt quickly to product changes and limitations and communicate these changes strategically to stakeholders, both internally and externally
- Ability to travel internationally, up to 25% of the time with flexibility to work across time zones and influence remote teams
- Candidates should possess a BA / BS Degree
- Extensive experience working in a partner management, business development, strategic partnerships or equivalent function
- Proven track record of working with community organisations in Sub Saharan Africa
- Experience with Facebook products that can be leveraged to build community
- Experience with community management in building communities and harnessing the power of people coming together
- Experience collaborating cross-functionally and building consensus among multiple stakeholders in an entrepreneurial, high-expectation environment
- Scrappy, resourceful, action and detail-oriented, with a high ownership mindset to deliver measurable impact
- Fluency in French
- Experience working with an extensive network with organisations in the tech or start-up ecosystem across Sub Saharan Africa.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online