Job: Strategic Vendor Support | | Jumia Nigeria| Job Location: Nigeria
Who we are
Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners. JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia’s ecosystem. With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people’s lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live. E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact in Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
The Strategic Vendor Support will be responsible to fix and own sales reporting issues for assigned vendor. The scope of work will be cross country and will be dedicated to our vendor’s brand management. You will be responsible for driving proactive and actionable commercial insights, standardization of analytics and time reporting, marketing execution and performance reviews.
- Reporting: Fix Monthly Sales-out reporting issues in designated country scope (Egypt, Morocco, Ivory Coast, Algeria, Tunisia, Senegal) and other Countries has deemed fit.
- Ensure that the Monthly reports MUST align with Vendor’s Monthly report format, and submission must be done before the agreed timeline of a new Month.
- Ensuring timely and accurate sales report monthly as per vendor’s guidelines.
- Provide regular analysis of the performance of the brand based on the brand report.
- Stock Availability: Ensuring full assortment agreed between vendor and Jumia is live on the website at any given moment in time.
- Marketing Execution: Following up on the execution of the marketing plan agreed with the brand and deliver on-demand proof of executions – perform ROI analysis, gather data for specific campaigns.
- Ensure all approved Marketing Deliverable Projects are executed based on vendor’s guidelines in participating Countries.
- Content: Ensuring all marketing content is up to date as per Brand standards.
- Jumia Mall: Make sure sliders are updated, the store is live, SKUs are tagged, all links work properly etc… Acts as a curator for the brand’s store.
- Finance: Follow-up on payments and reconciliations
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited universities.
- 7-10 years’ experience in analyzing large data sets to make strategic decisions.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Excel (VBA would be a plus)
- Proficiency in SQL and Google suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills
- Excellent analytical, numerical and problem-solving skills required
- Ability to work to deadlines and targets, can prioritize tasks under pressure
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply