Latest job vacancies at Street Child in Nigeria January 30, 2023.
Street Child is a UK charity working to protect vulnerable children and improve access to education in some of the poorest communities in the world. We work in Sierra Leone, Liberia and Nepal and since November 2016, Street Child has been involved in the Humanitarian response in North East Nigeria.
Street Child works in the fields of education, child protection and livelihoods, working to deliver sustainable solutions and create maximum impact. Our work combines counselling, family mediation, business support, school building, teacher training and child protection. We were a key player in the Ebola crisis and led the global response for children orphaned by Ebola in Sierra Leone and Liberia. We deliver all our programmes through local partners and, since 2008, together we have built/renovated over 200 schools and are now helping to educate over 40,000 young people.
Jobs at Street Child Recruitment
January 30, 2023.
November 4, 2022
Street Child of Nigeria Job Title: Senior Education Officer – ECW Location: Adamawa (including frequent field visits to Maiduguri, Borno)Reports to: Education Project Manager – ECWWorking Hours: Monday to Thursday 8:30am… Read more here
November 4, 2022
Street Child of Nigeria Job Title: ECW Project Manager Location: Maiduguri, Borno (including frequent field visits)Reports to: Education Programmes ManagerWorking Hours: Monday to Thursday 8:30am – 5:15pm, Friday 8:30am – 1:30pm Background… Read more here
September 14, 2022
Street Child of Nigeria Job Title: HR & Admin Assistant Location: Maiduguri, Borno (with travel as needed)Report to: Operations ManagerContract duration: 6 months fixed term contract with a possibility of extension… Read more here
August 12, 2022
Street Child Job Title: Education Officer Location: Maiduguri, Borno (with frequent travel to Adamawa)Report to: Education Project Manager BackgroundStreet Child believes that every child deserves the chance to go to school… Read more here
July 8, 2022
Street Child of Nigeria Job Title: Programme Coordinator Location: Maiduguri, Borno with frequent travel within NigeriaContract Type: 12–24 month fixed term contract, full-timeReporting to: Head of Programmes Background Street Child believes… Read more here
April 15, 2022
Job Title: Programme Coordinator | Street Child | Location: Maiduguri, Borno with frequent tral within NigeriaContract Type: 12 – 24 months fixed term contract, full-timeReporting to: Head of Programmes Role Purpose… Read more here
Job Title: Programme Coordinator | Street Child | Location: Maiduguri, Borno with frequent travel within Nigeria
Contract Type: 12 – 24 months fixed term contract, full-time
Reporting to: Head of Programmes
- The Programme Coordinator will focus on the management of the Northeast programme portfolio, ensuring alignment with global and national strategy and mission.
- Supporting the Department and Programme Managers, he/she will ensure quality and compliance in programmes planning, delivering & management towards timely achievements of outcome indicators.
- Based on context, needs, gaps, capacity and opportunities, he/she will contribute to build longlasting and healthy relationship with donors and developing proposals.
- The ideal candidate would have a good background in humanitarian context used to work with multiple donor and budgets.
- The successful candidate will also have proven coaching, teamwork and communication skills, and excellent leadership ability. Analytical thinking and the capacity to research innovative intervention methods, as well as creativity and flexibility are also expected.
- The person should prove his/her capacity to build strong network and relationship with donors, government and other stakeholders.
Programme Management (75%):
- Work with Programme & Project Managers to ensure timely and quality delivery of activities in line with workplan, M&E framework and expenditure plan
- Lead on programme reviews with managers to ensure consistency and integration across programmes
- Conduct regular programmes monitoring to identify opportunity for programme enhancement and ensure alignment with programme objectives
- Identifying areas of improvement of programmes with integration of trends, knowledge aligned with needs and gaps that might arise during implementation
- Oversee the process for timely quality programme reports in line with donor requirements.
- Build and maintain good relationships with UN, clusters and government agencies in Borno, Adamawa and Yobe states.
- Coordinate across projects within the country programme to ensure efficiency, value for money and integration.
- Work with M&E manager to ensure an effective M&E framework with timely submission of accurate project data, assessments and reports. Build a strong feedback and communication loop with project teams to inform project decision making.
- Work with Operations Manager to ensure procurement and logistics support are in line with project plans.
Business Development (25%):
- Support proposal development ensuring use of participatory methodologies
- Degree or higher in International Development, Human Rights or related field
Essential Experience and Knowledge:
- Demonstratable experience in a program management position with progressive responsibilities for an international NGO.
- Proved experience in grants management for large and complex programmes, including project design, budget preparation, expenditure tracking, monitoring and evaluation, reporting, etc., for projects funded by multiple public donors with relevant budgets.
- Experience engaging partners and strengthening partnerships.
- Staff management experience
- Experience coaching and mentoring senior program staff.
- Ability to provide technical leadership &/ strategic direction.
- Previous experience in Humanitarian Response
- Education background.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent spoken and written English skills.
- Ability to effectively represent the Agency in a variety of public and private forums.
- Excellent interpersonal, listening and communication skills.
- Ability to positively influence others and successfully reconcile differences.
- A self-starter with a strong results orientation and with high levels of integrity, credibility and dependability.
- An energetic team player who can effectively collaborate, and who can stand alone when necessary.
- Ability to work in international settings and with various departments to implement successful approaches to Education.
- Demonstrated ability to work and deliver independently and under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Position open for national and international staff.
Application Closing Date
4th May, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Covering Note explaining why you think you could make an extraordinary impact in this role to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Street Child welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and so interested candidates are encouraged to apply.
Jobs vacancies at Street Child in Nigeria