Job Title: STTA Trainer | Location: Plateau | Type: Contract | North East Regional Initiative (NERI) Nigeria
The North East Regional Initiative (NERI) Nigeria – An International Development Organization.
- The STTA Trainer will be responsible for leading the overall training planned for community women and youth in Nghar community, Barkin Ladi LGA to enhance their capabilities on Early Warning, Early Response (EWER), and traditional methods of dialogue and mediation to prevent and mitigate the impacts of violent conflict and thereby increase community security.
- The STTA Trainer will work with an existing training guide/manual on basic early warning systems for community members to gain a solid understanding of the foundations of early warning systems, application of early warning reporting to community security, to include women and youth in Nghar’s peace process and position community women and youth as instruments in peacebuilding able to facilitate sustainable community security and build a sustainable, community-based early warning system.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The STTA Trainer will report to the NERI Program Manager – Jos during the period of the performance.
Primary Responsibilities and Deliverables
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Utilize NERI’s training manual on early warning and early response that will allow participating community members to gain a solid understanding of the foundations of early warning systems.
- Design training sessions to train participating community members on the early warning and early response. Training sessions can include forums, breakout meetings, group discussions, workshop format, etc.
- Prepare all required material for the training sessions.
- Set up and facilitate the training on early warning and early response for the participating community members.
- The trainer should deepen participating community members’ understanding of the basics of violent conflict and types of violent conflict, root causes and drivers of conflict, community-based EWER mechanisms, sexual and gender-based violence, and human rights.
- Train participating community members on traditional methods of dialogue and mediation to prevent and mitigate the impacts of violent conflict.
- The training should deepen participating community member’s skills on practical applications of mending broken relationships and rebuilding trust in their communities.
- Meet with the NERI team to gain feedback, implementation strategy, guidance, etc.
- Provide technical guidance and support to the participating community members during the training.
- Perform any other task that may be assigned by the Program Manager.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- A minimum of a BSC/HND in Social Sciences, Humanities, or relevant equivalent is required.
- 2 years and above experience as a trainer in Early Warning and Early response is required preferably within the NGO/INGO sector.
- Understanding of the sociopolitical and conflict landscape of Plateau state
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills are required.
- Excellent report writing, record keeping, and documentation skills are required.
- Written and spoken fluency in English and Hausa language
Application Closing Date
21st May, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their current resumes listing all work experience/qualifications and cover letter to: [email protected] using the title and location as the subject of the mail.