Supply Chain Officer – (200000HP)Description | Catholic Relief Services (CRS) | Job Location: Nigeria
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on agriculture, HIV and health extractives and governance, and peace building programming.
Struggling to cope with more than 10 years of conflict, displacement and climatic and health shocks that have left millions in need of humanitarian assistance, Yobe State now faces the COVID-19 pandemic. Since the first confirmed case of COVID-19 in Nigeria on Feb. 27, 2020, the virus has spread to all corners of the country with more than 16,000 confirmed cases as of June 15, 2020. Northeast Nigeria saw its first confirmed case on April 18, 2020, and by early June 2020, more than 500 cases had been confirmed across the BAY states of Borno, Adamawa, and Yobe. In response to the health and socio-economic threat posed by COVID-19, the Government of Nigeria (GON) has mobilized a “whole of government” response via a National COVID-19 Multi-Sectoral Pandemic Response Plan.
While just 55 COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Yobe State as of June 23, 2020, the risk for extensive spread of the virus within the state is high due to the fragile humanitarian conditions, density and mobility of the population, and the limited capacity of the public health system to respond to a spike in critical health needs.
In response to the risk posed by COVID-19, Catholic Relief Services (CRS), in partnership with Nigerian NGO NIRA, will implement a nine-month emergency project designed to empower communities to protect themselves and reduce transmission of COVID-19, through a robust Risk Communication and Community Engagement (RCCE) approach, complemented by investments in water supply infrastructure in communities and at health facilities and the distribution of critical water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) NFIs necessary to engage in infection prevention and control (IPC).
Under the direction of the Program Manager, the Supply Chain Officer will coordinate the implementation of all day-to-day logistics activities to ensure the project has the goods and services needed when they need them in support of high-quality programming. Your knowledge and experience will allow you to coordinate commodity and logistics needs and challenges and the implementation of solutions, as you apply the principles of stewardship, integrity, transparency, and accountability.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with the supply chain team and relevant programming staff on logistics services based on the project procurement plan. Help identify challenges in supply chain management and provide recommendations to address those.
- Support the implementation of delivery operations from arrival of goods from local purchase point to warehouse facilities and on to the final distribution points in accordance with CRS and donor regulations and supply chain standards and requirements.
- Collaborate and communicate with the procurement team to ensure they receive timely purchase requisitions with comprehensive specifications, delivery schedules, and other terms and conditions.
- Help coordinate and supervise activities related to commodity receipt, transportation, distribution, and disposal.
- Liaise with vendors to ensure the timely receipts and distribution of goods.
- Maintain updated files with all required logistics documents and ensure all supply chain management activities and movements are fully and accurately documented. Prepare and/or review all reports prior to submission per distribution requirements.
Required Language: English and Hausa required; Fulani, Kanuri and/or other local languages are a plus.
Travel:Must be willing and able to travel to the filed sites in Gujba, Damaturu and Potiskum LGAs periodically to support distribution activities.
Supervisory Responsibilities (if none)
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: WASH Team Lead, WASH Officer, RCCE Officers, Program Manager, Northeast Nigeria MEAL Coordinator, Northeast Nigeria Feedback Mechanism Officer, Head of Office for Yobe State, Operations staff.External: Partner organization staff.
- High School diploma required. Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain or other relevant degree preferred. Professional certifications(s) in supply chain or equivalent field strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in supply chain, logistics, procurement management, preferably with an international organization.
- Additional experience may substitute for some education.
- Knowledge of political dynamics along the chain, infrastructure, market knowledge, as well as related laws and regulations.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good planning, coordination, prioritization, and time management skills
- Good analytical skills with ability to make independent judgment and decisions
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team environment
- Experience with commodity tracking systems.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Primary Location: CARO-NG-YobeJob: Program ManagementOrganization: Catholic Relief ServicesSchedule: RegularShift: StandardEmployee Status: Entry LevelJob Type: Full-timeJob Level: Day JobTravel: Yes, 75 % of the TimeJob Posting: Aug 14, 2020, 3:49:26 AM
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply