Taghini Foods is a traditional poultry processing Company based in Ibadan. We supply fresh and frozen poultry products to wholesalers, caterers, and further processors, including products suitable for Halal customers.
Job Title: Procurement Officer | Location: Ibadan, Oyo | Employment Type: Full-time
- Develop and implement procurement strategies from start.
- Evaluate and audit suppliers on a regular basis, find alternate supply source when required
- Following and enforcing the company’s procurement policies and procedures.
- Maintaining and updating supplier information such as qualifications, delivery times, product ranges, etc.
- Managing inventories and maintaining accurate purchase and pricing records.
- Negotiate prices and contracts
- Preparing budgets, cost analyses, and reports.
- Preparing plans for the purchase of equipment, services, and supplies.
- Proactive tracking of purchase orders: follow-ups, order confirmations, expediting, payments, etc.
- Problem-solving with suppliers to guarantee on-time delivery and quality
- Request and compare quotes from suppliers and choose the best supply option based on quality, cost, and lead time
- Researching, on-boarding and evaluating of vendors
- The timely placing of purchase orders according to the priorities list
- Any other related assigned tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree / HND in Social or Commercial Sciences is preferred.
- 4 years of experience as a Procurement Officer or in a similar position (Supply Chain Management etc).
- Able to multi-task and handle multiple priorities in a challenging and fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to interface effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in vendor development
- Good analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Good knowledge of the Nigerian market
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and purchasing software.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Supervisory and management experience.
Application Closing Date
5th July, 2021.