Job Title: Tax Manager, Africa | Location: Lagos, Nigeria | Bolt Nigeria | Category: Finance
- Being part of the Bolt Tax team, the Tax Manager, Africa will be responsible for providing day-to-day tax support to our business, it’s rapid expansion and development while ensuring full compliance with all local and internationally applicable tax rules.
- The Tax Manager, Africa works closely together with our business verticals as well as the Finance Team, Commerce Team, Treasury Team, Legal Team, Internal Audit Team as well as relevant external stakeholders.
Your daily adventures will include:
- Provide excellent and timely tax support to our business verticals – Covering all aspects of tax – direct and indirect – with a focus on determining the set-up for various countries where we do business.
- The objective is optimising the cost of tax on our P&L while always being fully compliant and paying our fair share of tax. Further to be closely engaged in analysis to determine the optimal tax set-up pro-actively as part of our rapid expansion preparation.
- Manage external tax service providers – as well as – in cooperation with the Finance team – oversee tax compliance providers and liaise with our statutory auditors on tax matters.
- Tax Audits – Manage the tax audits globally in close corporation with the rest of the Tax Team colleagues.
- Financial Audit – Provide analysis of Uncertain Tax Positions to ensure accurate information in our Financial Statements.
- Cooperate with accounting and finance in all matters of relevance for tax compliance and ensuring that tax is accounted for correctly in our local Regional financial statements.
- Keeping up-to-date with Tax Law Developments as it develops and changes in the countries where Bolt is conducting its business.
We are looking for:
- Minimum 6 years of tax experience working in industry and/or consultancy with emphasis on working with multinational groups. Work experience from digital business is a plus but not absolute requirement.
- Excellent understanding and experience in dealing with various direct and indirect taxes in Africa that may affect business, including international taxation and transfer pricing.
- Good general accounting/finance skills and experience.
- Experience with financial systems (ERP, consolidation tools and management reporting tools) is a plus.
- Relevant education such as lawyer, CPA, economist or education from tax administration or any combination thereof.
- You have very solid knowledge about corporate income tax, indirect tax and international tax in a global organization.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Intellectually curious and eager to learn and develop every day.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong relations with internal stakeholders and teams in a multicultural global entrepreneurial environment.
- You believe in open, honest and direct communication with colleagues and working together to come up with the best solutions.
- Not afraid to challenge and question colleagues (regardless of level) in a constructive manner always with the best solution for Bolt at heart.
Why you’ll love it here:
- Your daily duties will have a meaningful impact on millions of people all over the world.
- You’ll be surrounded by the most friendly, supportive colleagues you can imagine.
- As we grow, so will you! Bolt’s fast-paced, challenging environment offers you great opportunities for professional development.
- You’ll always be kept informed. Our bi-weekly All Hands meetings bring our global teams together, ensuring we’re all up to speed and moving forward as one.
- Switching off is important! At Bolt, we like to work hard and play hard. Enjoy our fun team events, office snacks, free merch and more!
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply