Job Title: Tax Specialist | Location: Lagos | United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
Employment Type: Full time
View United Bank for Africa UBA Recruitment in Nigeria – United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
Main Outputs and Responsibilities
Assist with implementation of tax optimization:
- Participate on the action plan defined for ETR ‘s reduction of all the Subsidiaries
- Liaise with subsidiaries in respect of tax issues raised, documentation requested
- Carryout routine review of concluded contracts, identify any tax-related gap and provide tax efficient recommendations
- Review contracts with vendors, highlight known tax leakages and recommend tax optimal approach where necessary.
- Liaise with Subsidiaries to ensure the filling of monthly / Quarterly/ Bi annual Tax returns is done with statutory deadline
- Follow up the calendar of Transfer Price Regulations for all the Subsidiaries
- Ensure compliance with tax laws about the Bank’s operations
- Liaise with the Subsidiaries for the tax self-audits
- Review the exceptions reports
- Resolve the anomalies
- Monitor effectiveness of controls in place to avert re-occurrence
- Monitor compliance.
- Minimum requisite – 2 years in the banking industry or in a marketing/sales related role.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply