Title: Team Lead, EMDOS | Location: Lagos | United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
- Identify and update a database of Embassies, Multilateral, and Donor Organizations (EMDO’s) and identify must-win accounts/mandates.
- Continually liaise with Group EMDOs Team to ensure EMDOs mandates are converted and onboarded seamlessly.
- Follow through engagement with the Must Win list of EMDO’s and recurrently submit proposals for their attention.
- Follow through on all service commitments to ensure excellent service and product delivery to the EMDOs community as agreed.
- Engage the Embassies and Donor agencies and pursue for account opening especially on new projects.
- Understand and sell the bank’s products and services relating to EMDO’s.
- Support the Country Head in managing UBA Group’s EMDOs relationships i.e. account negotiation, opening, and management.
- Enhance Customer Service efficiency of UBA Group’s EMDOs business.
- Build relationships consistent with market penetration targets, including annual relationship plans, monthly business development plans/pipeline, and relationship/account profitability.
- Network with key stakeholders in EMDOs community to ensure UBA is included in their database and invited to events, RFIs, and RFPs across the country.
- Actively engage the EMDOs RMs in London and New York to secure their input and support on all pitches to EMDOs names that are headquartered outside Africa.
- Actively engage the Retail and digital banking team for input in sales pitches and proposals.
- Proactively engage all EMDOs in the country to understand projects they are funding in Africa and the flow of funds. Sometimes this may mean identifying vendors or agencies from Europe or the US that they may use for execution as these may act as intermediaries and manage the funds on their behalf.
- Actively look for SDG-related events and causes for possible partnerships/sponsorship that we can derive value from.
- Regional Head, GFI & EMDOs, Lagos
Minimum Education Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) with a concentration in Business Administration, Management, Finance, Economics, or Marketing preferred. Master’s degree a plus.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in managing relationships, leading sales teams, and/or acting as a business development manager in a financial services firm.
- Banking experience, preferably EMDO’s relationship banking; Marketing & Embassy Knowledge.
- Effective sales and negotiation skills
- Strong customer service orientation with excellent responsiveness
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated leadership ability
- Proven ability to forge lasting business relationships
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- High level of self-motivation and ability to see things through to a logical conclusion
- Willingness and ability to attend and participate in customer networking events or travel on short notice.
- Must have the ability to develop and maintain productive associations with organizations operating in diverse economic sectors.
- Must possess a strong understanding of the concepts behind business development, sales methods, and marketing
- Must have the ability to create meet-up events, and can put together company symposiums, presentations as well as participate in high-level meetings.
- Proven track record developing new corporate accounts or donor organizations, embassies, government, large commercial, non-governmental, and other sectoral relationships.
- Experience in other donor or business consulting organizations is acceptable
- Good working understanding of Digital banking solutions.
Application Closing Date
2nd March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply