Job Title: Team Lead, Trading Market Risk Management & Reporting | | United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) | Location: Nigeria
Job Type: Full-time
- We are looking to hire a talented and experienced individual for Trading Market Risk
- The ideal candidate must have 3-7 years’ experience in Market Risk function preferably in a Bank and with at least 2 years leading a team in same function.
- Measurement, monitoring and controlling of the market risks to which the Group is exposed.
- Implement consistent Market Risk Management policies and procedures across the Group.
- Minimize Position and Trading Losses.
- Achieve high levels of Customer Satisfaction.
- Scanning financial markets for relevant data to positions held by the bank, both financial and regulatory.
- Collection of internal data for the head office and subsidiaries through the Bank’s operating systems.
- Data collection from various market intelligence reports that impact on the Bank’s positon.
- Collection of bank data to identify the Bank’s market positions.
- Collection of market data with reference to the various positions in order to be able to make comparisons.
- Preparation of daily reports which show the position of the Bank, highlighting areas of concern and areas requiring improvement.
- Monitoring of set limits for compliance for the bank.
- Circulation of reports to concerned parties and escalation of issues where the need arises.
- Preparation of revaluation report for both the Held for Trading and Available for Sale portfolio of the Bank.
- Preparation of Value-at-Risk Reports for the bank.
- Preparation of Sensitivity Analysis for Fixed Income and Foreign Exchange portfolios – bank.
- Monitoring of deals consummated by Treasury.
- Preparation of Derivatives Valuation Report for the bank.
- Preparation of other trading Market Risk report.
- Provide support in the preparation of GALCO Reports – bank.
- Provide support in the preparation of Group Risk Management Report – bank.
- Provide support in the preparation of Market Risk Snapshots for the Chairman – bank.
- Provide support in the Preparation of Board Reports – bank.
Minimum Education Qualifications
- Minimum of a B.Sc. in Accounting, Economics, Computer Science or other Numerical related disciplines.
Previous Work Experience Requirements:
- 3 – 7 years in banking, accounting firm or computer logistics company
- Above average database management abilities.
- Highly numerate
- Basic accounting
- Understand banking operations.
- Good grasp of balance sheet mapping.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.