Christopher Kings & Associates (CK&A) | Title: Technical Officer, Strategic Data, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning | Location: Abuja
Christopher Kings & Associates (CK&A) is a Business Strategy Consulting firm with specialty in Business Strategy and Management, SME Development and Training and Development Services. Since inception in 2008, we have been working closely with corporate organizations, development partners and government agencies to craft and implement strategies for attaining progressive corporate achievement, stimulate SME establishment and growth potential as well as boost their competitiveness in the market and help organizations to gain return on loyalty, creativity and productivity from its workforce.
Over the years, our commitment to helping our clients to optimize business performance has exposed us to an array of consulting opportunities. We have since then increased our technical depth and by deploying a unique combination of consulting and training solutions, we have built the capacity to assist both private and public sector organizations in driving meaningful change targeted towards attaining their strategic goals. At CK&A, our engagement team comprise of subject matter experts with proven experience on spearheading the delivery of demanding enterprise-sized projects.
Our strong industry alliances and international affiliations also provide us with the breath of competence and depth of resources to deliver on your objectives. Overall, we are proven, focused and driven by a passion to exceed client expectations, each time, every time. Christopher Kings & Associates Limited is a Nigerian Limited Liability with headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria, and a part of the Christopher Kings Group, with affiliates across Nigeria, Canada & UK.
- The Technical Officer, Strategic Data, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning will support the reporting function and strategic knowledge management. They will support data analysis, provide strategic coordination of the data products for the Prevent Epidemics and Cardiovascular Disease programs.
- The Technical Officer, Strategic Data, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning will report to the Country Representative.
- They will receive technical supervision from the Director of Global Hypertension, Senior Technical Advisor, Prevent Epidemics and Director, Epidemic Intelligence Unit at the RTSL HQ.
- Prepare outcome metrics and regular data dashboards to track progress toward goals of the Cardiovascular Health program in Nigeria. Use multiple sources of data, including both national, state and facility-level data sources and external data sources, to identify and predict barriers to success and areas where improvement is needed.
- Use data to understand how successful the NHCI is by providing technical assistance to the states for monitoring client enrolling, retention and data quality; support NHCI and the Non-Communicable Disease programs at the national and state levels in using data to identify strategies to improve program quality.
- Create actionable intelligence to guide Cardiovascular Health programs efforts.
- Support development of analytic products, such as reports or a data dashboard, to communicate NCHI efforts and successes.
- Identify and coordinate opportunities to improve data dissemination at the national and state levels and to other stakeholders, including to provide greater data insights for policymakers at the state and national levels.
- Support the implementation of relevant studies and surveys being conducted as part of the cardiovascular health program in Nigeria.
- Ensure analytical rigor of data analyses and interpretation and work closely with the National Public Health Institute (NCDC) and partners to align analytic methods with best practices.
- Work with epidemiologists and other analytical staff to conduct basic data analyses with close guidance from national and state surveillance teams
- Support the development of programmatic and technical progress reports for all RTSL activities
- Support implementation of activities aimed at improving data for action, addressing bottlenecks, and developing monitoring and evaluation indicators for national and subnational health security
- Capacity building for strategic data management, monitoring and evaluation, data visualization and big data management through mentoring, workshops, and training for project officers at the national and state level
- Undertake any other duties as may be assigned RTSL Directors
Qualifications, Skills and Experience Required
- Master’s degree in public health, epidemiology, public policy, or other health-related field is required. Bachelor’s degree with at least ten years’ relevant experience will be considered.
- At least 5 years’ progressive experience in data management, data sciences, monitoring, evaluation, and learning for large scale projects, additional experience is preferred and will be considered as a strength in the evaluation of a candidate.
- Experience with applied data analysis highly desired. This could entail experience conducting data analysis or synthesizing existing research to inform operational or strategic decision-making.
- Moderate technical skills preferred, including proficiency in Excel and data visualization platforms like Power BI. Experience with statistical software, (R suite, SPSS, SAS, Advanced Microsoft Excel, and Access) is desired. Advanced certification and experience in big data management would be an advantage
- Candidate should have high degree of comfort interpreting data analysis and research findings, integrating and synthesizing information from across data sources, and understanding the strengths, shortcomings, and applications of various data sources.
- Familiarity with performance management desirable, including developing outcome metrics, tracking, and interpreting trends, and presenting ongoing performance metrics indigestible and compelling manner. Ability to present complex information in an easy-to-understand manner is key.
- Exceptional ability to work across teams. Staff member will need to build close relationship and meaningful day-to-day integration with teams from the national and state level and across the stakeholders/partners of the PE/CVH programs
- Demonstrated ability to work with individuals from diverse professional backgrounds, and with varying levels of comfort with data.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience of implementing monitoring and evaluation of health programs at a national level
- Demonstrated evidence of developing high-level technical reports and peer-reviewed publication would be an advantage.
Application Closing Date
31st January, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply