Technical Operator – Mid Machine Section
Primary Location: Lagos, Nigeria. | Time Type: Full Time
Perform as part of the shift team to ensure that safety, quality, productivity and housekeeping are maintained to the required standards in an environment of continual improvement.
- Complies with all safety rules, procedures and works instructions.
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping and hygiene in the department and follow 5S Housekeeping principles.
- Checks that raw materials that enter his/her sector correspond with the requirements of the product manufactured and return raw materials not in use after a change of grade and/or product.
- Load Materials on unwind
- Prepares splices for all unwinds in this section.
- Participate in troubleshooting and problem solving on all modules in this section.
- Participate in trouble shooting and problem solving on all modules in this section.
- Operates the MID section of the diaper machine at target speeds to achieve rate of operation targets. (MDH, Waste,Delay,Ti, Ci,ppm)
- Acts as cover for any other operator when required.
- Perform modular process health checks in-line with centerlining guidelines.
- Capture data regarding machine waste and delay and communicates this to the MOP for documentation and to effectively use this information for analysis and decision making on preventative actions
- Control material usage to minimise waste and material cost
- Knows and actively participate in all work and repairs which are carried out in his/her sector by the support teams
- Reports and informs team leader of the maintenance and improvement required of his sector.
- During shift changes, communicates to the incoming operator all new occurrences, repairs, process changes and materials issues.
- National Diploma ND/C&G 1/Trade Test Grade 3 qualification in either Mechanical Electrical or Industrial Engineering.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience on high-speed production equipment, of which at least 2 years must be process experience.
- Prior high-speed production machine main tenancy or operating experience, especially on Diaper machines will be advantageous.
- Computer Literate
Global VISA and Relocation Specifications:
The role is for the new Mill in Nigeria
Deadline: Not Specified
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 150 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people – nearly a quarter of the world’s population – trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being.
With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With a 135-year history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and putting them in the right jobs so that they can do their best work. If original thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.