Maersk (APM Terminals) | Job Location: Lagos | Technical Partner, HSE
APM Terminals is the global terminal operating arm of the A.P. Moller-Maersk Group. APM Terminals operates a Global Terminal Network of 76 operating port and terminal facilities and 117 Inland Services operations in 59 countries around the globe.
At APM Terminals, we are a team of over 20,000 employees spread across more than 60 countries united by a passion to provide our expertise in port operations and container management services. By providing the expertise and port infrastructure essential to world trade, we actively support the advancement of the societies around us, enabling local economies to unlock their potential and build an even stronger global community. Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the world. You’ll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is your workplace. APM Terminals is an independent business unit within the Danish Maersk Group – a Global Fortune 500 company with about 89,000 employees and offices in 130 countries with global growth opportunities in a range of fields from shipping and energy to our offshore and manufacturing industries – Join us to achieve even your most ambitious career goals!
- APM Terminals offers tremendous growth, career and leadership opportunities for those with the ambition, drive and dedication to become one of the best.
- An opportunity to be part of a high performance team that ensures APM Terminals is the most efficient, safe and profitable terminals in the region.
- Assist and support the execution of the Business Unit HSE strategy with responsibility for implementation monitoring.
- Providing cross-functional advice and guidance for implementation of site Health/Safety/Environment/HSE management requirements.
- Prepare and compile Health/Safety/Environment/HSE improvement plans and report on performance to Health/Safety/Environment/HSE Business Partner with recommendations for improvement.
- Identify high HSE risk activities and prioritize improvement actions.
- Monitor the availability and quality of risk assessments and safe working procedures provided by contractors/vendors.
- Support assurance activities that confirm contractors, suppliers, consultants and visitors comply with relevant legislation and conform to site HSE standards.
- Participate in a thorough investigation of incidents as required.
- Monitor post-incident improvement actions to confirm that new controls are implemented and that they are managing the risk.
- Get to the work site and learning how different functions plan and execute work. Applying this understanding to the development of the HSE culture.
- Influence stakeholders within the business unit to support the decision-making process.
- Provide day-to-day Health/Safety/Environment/HSE advice to local business unit, and assuring that HSE standards and policies are relevant, understood and applied.
- Support continuous improvement activities and developing project proposals and business cases to support this as required.
- Lead by example, ensuring compliance with local HSE policies & procedures, enforcing safe working practices and promoting a safe workplace Verifying that work is completed in compliance with legislation and in conformance of applicable business unit standards; acting when work falls short of these requirements.
- Work cross-functional to provide support and guidance on HSE and Risk Management programs.
TRAINING & COACHING:
- Support and coach business unit to effectively use Fatal5.com for incident report management, assuring consistently high-quality data entry and timely responses to insurance claims.
- train and coach and support shift supervisors/engineers to complete site inspections, audits and monitor HSE performance of APMT and contractors/vendors.
- Support the development and delivering HSE on job training programs for generic topics in accordance with the HSE competency plan.
- Maintain and improve your own Health, Safety and Environment competencies.
We are looking for
- BSc/MSc Health and Safety discipline, B.Sc. in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Geology or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years experience in HSE/Terminal operation with a proven track record in the delivery of business objectives.
- HSE Qualification such as NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent
- Technical member of IOSH.
- Good communication skills with the ability to communicate across the organization.
- Extensive knowledge of APM Terminals Operational Practices.
- Strong influencing skills.
- A demonstration of continued professional development within HSE.
- Effective negotiation and conflict resolution skills and strong influencing skills.
- Ability to provide leadership, obtain cooperation, and assistance to meet objectives.
- Proficiency in English
- Excellent use of Microsoft Office Applications.
- Must hold a valid Driver’s license with driving experience (manual).
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply