British American Tobacco (BAT) Nigeria | Job Title: Technician I – Electrical, Electronics & Instrumentation | Location: Ibadan, Oyo, Nigeria.
Job Number: 25446
Appointment Type: Permanent
British American Tobacco is looking to hire an Electronics Technician to join our team in Ibadan, Nigeria
- Supports the Shift Team Lead in delivering the PQCDSM – Production, Quality, Cost, Delivery, Safety and Morale
- Flow to the work as needed to meet the business need
- Collaborate across lines and cell with other technicians as required to maintain cohesive, responsive, flexible organization
- Participate in Shift Transition Meeting and Planned Stop huddles/critiques, per the Site DDS (Daily Direction Setting) DMS (Daily Management system)
- Participate in monthly performance review with Shift team lead and quarterly review with Line lead using scorecard/PAP (Personal Action Plan)
- Participate in monthly/quarterly department team meetings/briefings
- Actively participate in project delivery and execution
- Support resources to comply with established standards and document standards for improvements made
- Familiarize and comply with all applicable and relevant business processes, procedure and policies
- Ensures that defects are found and fixed daily on assigned equipment, most especially around high loss areas
- Fixes defects found, submits notifications for defects equipment owner is unable to fix and continues to follow-up until defect is repaired
- Key driver for analyzing all safety risks and driving out losses associated with those risks
- Implement all required and recommended actions/responsibilities to support Operating teams through the IWS (Integrated Work System) Phase Journey
- Minimum of 5 years of “hands on” experience in production environment, preferably in an FMCG company
- Bachelor’s Degree or Higher National Diploma in Electrical Enginnering
- Sound knowledge of PLC and Siemens S7
- Ability to develop and effectively coach and train other technicians/ new joiners
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Continous improvement mindest
- Availability to work in shifts
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
British American Tobacco is one of the world’s leading multinational companies, with brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries.
We are proud that we are consistently among the top 5 companies on the London Stock Exchange.
Our portfolio includes our world-famous Global Drive Brands – Dunhill, Kent, Lucky Strike, Pall Mall and Rothmans – along with many other leading international brands, such as Vogue, Peter Stuyvesant and State Express 555.
Alongside our traditional tobacco business, we are also developing products that offer consumers potentially less risky alternatives to regular cigarettes. Our Next Generation Products are already leading the way in the Industry of vapour and tobacco heating devices. We continue to develop a solid portfolio of consumer solutions which already include well known global brands like Vype, glo and Voke.