Job: Retail Banking Primary Location: Africa & Middle East-Nigeria-Abuja Schedule: Full-time Employee Status: Permanent Posting Date: 18/Mar/2020 Unposting Date: 25/Mar/2020
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Processing and making cash payments
- Receiving cash and cheque deposits
- Processing telegraphic transfers
- Processing draft requests
- Processing of travel allowance
- Printing telex confirmation messages for customers
- Processing same currency & multi-currency fund transfers
- Captures fees and charges
- Dual / Back-Up custodian for ATM
- Back-Up Dual custodiating for branch’s Vault
- Dual / Back-Up custodian for Captured cards
- Processing of customer’s instructions via e-ops
- Demonstrate trustworthiness by understanding and playing your part in protecting the Bank information by:
- Exercising good password practices (e.g. not sharing and not writing down passwords)
- Ensuring clear desk policy
- Being careful of what is sent by email and who it is sent to Using the internet in a safe & secure manner (e.g. not disclosing personal details on unauthorized sites)
- Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development of people, and ensure that holders of all critical functions are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles ensuring that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks.
- Employ, engage and retain high quality people, with succession planning for critical roles.
- Responsibility to review team structure/capacity plans.
- Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives.
- “ENSURE YOU REMAIN ALERT TO THE RISK OF MONEY LAUNDERING AND ASSIST IN THE BANK’S EFFORTS IN COMBATING IT BY ADHERING TO KEY PRINCIPLES IN RELATION TO:’IDENTIFYING YOUR CUSTOMER, KNOWING YOUR CUSTOMER, REPORTING SUSPICIONS, SAFEGUARDING RECORDS AND NOT DISCLOSING SUSPICIONS TO CUSTOMERS”
Regulatory & Business conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the [country / business unit / function/XXX team] to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Operation of Financial Markets; Financial Crime Prevention; The Right Environment.]*
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- INTERNAL CUSTOMERS
- ACCOUNT RELATIONSHIP MANAGERS
- BRANCH MANAGER
- EXTERNAL CUSTOMERS
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
- Ability to resume work at various locations within the region at short notice.