Job: Retail Banking
Primary Location: Africa & Middle East-Nigeria-Lagos
Employee Status: Permanent
Posting Date: 25/Feb/2020
Unposting Date: 10/Mar/2020
Standard Chartered We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Processing of all daily counter transactions for deposit/withdrawals to savings, current and fixed deposit account (involving cash, cheques, inter-account transfers) and handling associated customer interactions/inquiries/complaints to a specified standard of quality. This may include servicing of priority banking customers at separate counters and may also involve a higher level of specified service standard.
Cross-selling of simple productStrategy
- Awareness and understanding of the Group’s business strategy and model appropriate to the role.
- Learn and understand all relevant regulations and internal Risk and compliance policies and procedures.
- Comply with internal policies and external regulations and ensure all internal and external report to be submitted on time.
- Assist TSM/BOM to ensure all operational, compliance, control procedure and guideline are properly carried out.
- awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic and market environment in which the Group operates
- To remain alert to the risk of money laundering and assist in the Bank’s efforts in combating it by adhering to the principles in relation to identifying the customer, knowing the customer ,reporting suspicious, safeguarding records and not disclosing suspicions to customers.
Handle the following transactions and provide services according to the laid down procedures and standard of service:
- Cash transactions
- Fund transfers
- Customer inquiries.
- Cheque collections
- Account maintenance
- Balance confirmation
- Customer complaint handling
- Cross selling
- Internal and external reports
- Adherence to till limit of of N100k and floor limit of 2m
- Other assigned duties.
People and Talent
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development of people, and ensure that holders of all critical functions are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles ensuring that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks.
- Employ, engage and retain high quality people, with succession planning for critical roles.
- Responsibility to review team structure/capacity plans.
- Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives.
- responsible for identifying, assessing, monitoring, controlling and mitigating risks to the Group. Also, an awareness and understanding of the main risks facing the Group and the role the individual plays in managing them
- the ability to interpret the Group’s financial information, identify key issues based on this information and put in place appropriate controls and measures
- responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group’s arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas
- awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- responsible for delivering ‘effective governance’; capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
Regulatory & Business conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Operation of Financial Markets; Financial Crime Prevention; The Right Environment.]*
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Academic or Professional Education/Qualifications; i.e. standards required for roles
- Licenses and Certifications/accreditations; i.e. internal/externally required
- Professional Memberships; i.e. required for roles for continuous development/ improvement/awareness of current practices etc
- Bank training; i.e. mandatory & developmental – role specific, and regulatory/compliance bank wide & role specific,
- Languages; i.e. those required for roles