Tropical General Investments (TGI) Group | Agribusiness Graduate Trainee Program | Location: Lagos
TGI Nigeria Ltd has the mandate to focus on highly competitive & growth intensive sectors: Culinary, Condiments & Other Packaged Foods. The company has been assigned to design a fundamentally robust FMCG business model – based on the principles of Insight Driven Strategic Marketing and grounded on an efficient Sales, Distribution and Logistic infrastructure, that can be scaled up to deliver for the groups FMCG ambitions in a dynamic & competitive environment.
- TGI Agribusiness Graduate Trainee Programme is a development program designed to expose ambitious minds to the world of TGI Agribusiness and prepare them as our next generation of leaders through a combination of rotation of business areas, completion of curated training modules and mentoring.
- Successful candidates have the chance to drive a high-impact technical, commercial or sustainability project, and after 6 months, participants are placed in a permanent role. It’s a fantastic way to get some early experience, challenge and empowerment.
- This program will test your initiative, stimulate your ambition and creativity, and demand your energy and intellect all of which you need for a high-impact career.
Business Focus Area:
- Commercial (Sales and Agro-commodity Procurement).
- To understudy line managers and team members to acquire knowledge of methods, procedures, and standards required for the performance of departmental duties
- Participate actively in all learning and development programs ensuring identified objectives are met
- Collaborate with the Program Manager, HR Team, Line Managers and Team Members to achieve set performance, learning and development objectives
- Individual and team projects contributing actively and demonstrating value addition
- Provide periodic report on activities, tasks and projects both assigned and self-initiated
- Assist Line Management in fostering effective collaboration and team spirit in work groups
- Actively seek feedback from Line Management, HR Team and Team Members and act on the information to adapt own performance and behaviour.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s degree (2:2 and above) in Agriculture, Social Sciences or Pure & Applied Sciences disciplines.
- NYSC discharge certificate.
Key Competencies and Attributes:
Candidates must have:
- High integrity
- Effective communication skills (oral and written)
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Sales skill
- 0-2 years work experience in any sector
- Interest in the agriculture sector
- Leadership and interpersonal skills
- Entrepreneurial drive
- Not older than 27 years as at December 2021.
- Candidate must be flexible and work in different business areas and locations in Nigeria including Kebbi, Ogun, Katsina, Jigawa, Gombe, Edo, Adamawa or Kano state.
Application Closing Date
May 31, 2021
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using “TGI ATP – Agriculture” OR TGI ATP – Engineering OR “TGI ATP – CRS” OR TGI ATP – Commercial” as the subject of the email.