Title: Underwriter / Transaction Officer | Location: Ikoyi, Lagos | Type: Full-time | Level: Entry-level | ICS Outsourcing
- Underwriters are financial specialists who work in the banking / insurance industries and are employed to look into insurance contracts from a third party point of view. An Underwriter is responsible for deciding whether or not to accept applications for insurance cover.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assessing documents to identify the level of risk considering factors such as the condition of the property, health status and financial potency of the clients, etc.
- Carefully reviewing the insurance forms and applications and pointing out any discrepancies
- Estimating the possible risks and examining the salary amount and employment history of the consumers to finalize an insurance and premium amount
- Discussing the insurance terms and policies with the clients and their brokers
- Examining the financial profiles and personal information of the loan applicants and taking decisions of approval. Moreover, explaining the repayment policies and different types of loans available
- Maintaining an elaborated and correct documentation of the decisions taken and policies underwritten
- HND in any course of study (Preferably in Finance, Accounting or Business Management) – Upper Credit & Distinction with 0-2 years work experience.
- Not more than 26 Years
- Applications from Lagos residents only.
Application Closing Date
18th June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Only qualified applicants from Lagos State will be contacted.