Latest jobs vacancies at Tony Blair Institute (TBI) in Nigeria October 6, 2022
The Tony Blair Institute (TBI) is a mission-driven not for profit organisation. We exist to equip political leaders and governments to build open, inclusive and prosperous societies. We work hard, every day, to make a difference. When governments work well they are able to create economic and social change in a way that promotes fairness, social justice and opportunity. We work relentlessly to support leader and governments with the challenges they face. Giving them practical solutions and actionable insights, that once implemented, can be transformative for their people.
Tony Blair Institute Recruitment and Job vacancies
October 6, 2022.
AUGUST 1, 2022
Tony Blair Institute (TBI) Job Title: Delivery Associate… Read more here
Project Lead Consultant
Job Reference: tbigc/TP/9595/548
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Working Hours: 6+ months consultancy contract
Job Category: Advisory
Business Area / Division: Advisory – Africa
Business Unit: Nigeria
Focus of the Role
- We are scoping for a Project Lead to support our project in the Office of the Vice President to work alongside the Government Counterpart, the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Agriculture in leading Secretariat.
- This is a short-term independent consultancy contract for 6 months.
- This individual will also create and manage key stakeholder relationships necessary to facilitate implementation of the flagships across the federal and state governments, private and international development sector.
- Key components of this role include grant, project and office management. The role will ensure that the delivery advisors supporting implementation of the priority projects have the necessary support to ensure delivery of the flagships.
- The Lead will also be expected to supervise the various experts to ensure all components of the project are delivered, flag and escalate any challenges that will hinder success of the project. Reporting to TBI as well as the Gates Foundation are requirements of this role.
Overview of Services (Deliverables)
- The Project for Agriculture Coordination and Execution (PACE) in the Office of the Vice-President has been set up with responsibility for the coordination of the implementation of two flagship programmes: the National Livestock Transformation Plan (NLTP) and the Green Imperative Project (GIP) – a partnership with Brazil to improve access to mechanization and technology in Nigerian agriculture. PACE also supports the Agric for Food and Jobs Plan (AFJP) through overseeing the smallholder farmer enumeration exercise.
You’ll provide the following services, which may include, but won’t be limited to:
- Support the management of the Project for Agriculture Coordination and Execution (PACE) Secretariat, advise on structures and systems needed for delivery
- Support coordination, mutual accountability, and delivery capability, improving coordination, prioritisation and delivery by the Secretariat
- Review existing systems and frameworks to track and measure outputs, outcomes and impact of the Secretariat in-line with the Gates Results Framework
- Support counterparts in mapping, engaging and managing key stakeholders, including foreign and domestic investors, development partners and various Government institutions
- Facilitate capacity building workshops to support transfer of skills and knowledge to the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD) to ensure sustainability of the delivery function
- Facilitate joint reviews and problem-solving sessions with relevant stakeholders to identify barriers to delivery, support in resolving and escalating vital issues as appropriate to the concerned
- Ensure reporting of activities to TBI and the Gates Foundation.
- A University Degree, a relevant Master’s degree would be an added advantage
- The role must be filled by a Nigerian citizen.
- Significant experience in roles that require strong management skills, political smartness strong relationship management, business acumen pro-activeness, going the extra mile and strong teamwork
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated success in building institutional capacity; a proven ability to mentor, coach, and build capacity of national counterparts
- Excellent in building and managing effective relationships, including the ability to navigate complex political environments
- Strong analytical and management skills, including sound knowledge of strategic planning and project management tools.
- Ability to work under pressure and to lead and coordinate with multi-disciplinary advisors
- Ability to present information in a concise, insightful and structured manner, both in written and oral form
- In-depth knowledge and experience of Nigeria’s political and government system, ideally both at Federal and State levels
- Nigerian language skills will be an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
25th May, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online