Job Title: Training Officer
Reference Number: Panda/HR&Ent/2022/00002
Location: Panda, Nasarawa
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: Training Manager
Roles and Responsibilities
- Liaising with existing staff to clarify job descriptions and related expectations.
- Drafting instructional manuals, onboarding materials, and other relevant documentation.
- Administer regular, detailed needs assessments to identify skills deficits.
- Orienting new hires to their function within the grand scheme, as well as established company norms.
- Addressing skills deficits through tailored in-house training.
- Coordinating external training as the need arises.
- Monitoring staff’s performance by liaising with line managers and department heads.
- Availing yourself as a sounding board for all employees with the explicit aim of improving their orientation and training.
- Upholding confidentiality, unless legally mandated to do otherwise.
- Perform any duties as assigned by the Training Manager.
Key Performance Indicator
- Accuracy, speed, and efficiency of transitional processing and reporting
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree with an appropriate Business Science major is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Training Officer (essential).
- Relevant professional qualifications of regulatory bodies like CIPMN, SHRM, CIPD, etc. are added advantages.
Working Knowledge, Skills, Competencies and Attributes:
- Qualification in Instruction and/or learning design is advantageous.
- Demonstrable experience as a training officer.
- Proven track record of boosting company growth through training.
- Knowledge of all relevant performance tracking software and indices.
- Good understanding of contemporary HR and business procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Ability to conduct thorough needs assessments to gauge training needs.
- Strong desktop and in-person research, presentation, and reporting skills.
- Energetic, determined, and highly capable disposition.
- Ability to organize skills assessment centers (in tray activities, work samples, psychometric and IQ/EQ tests, etc.)
- Familiarity with HR databases, Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS), and Candidate Management Systems (CMS)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong decision-making skills.
Application Closing Date
2nd October, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter as a single document, addressing the position requirements and Reference Number to: [email protected] using the Job Title and Reference Number as the subject of the email.Share this job: