Job Title: Treasury and Tax Manager | Egbin Power Plc | Location: Ikorodu, Lagos | Job Type: Full Time
- To manage liquidity and cash flow ensuring business needs are met in a cost-effective and prudent manner.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage and oversee funds requests, transfers and payment processing, and relationship management.
- Establish processes and frameworks for managing liquidity and risk.
- Implement liquidity, risk management processes and frameworks
- Develop and implement strategies to meet short, medium, and long-term financing needs ensuring alignment with the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Recommend strategies for raising necessary funds to facilitate the realization of operational and corporate objectives.
- Ensure judicious management of the organization’s liquidity to meet all likely contingencies within established risk limits.
- Oversee the preparation of cash forecasts and manage cash flows/cycles ensuring availability of adequate funds to meet daily operational requirements.
- Oversee the validation of all supplier and vendor payments and ensure that all requests for payment are supported with valid supporting documents in line with the organization’s financial policies.
- Oversee the disbursement of cash ensuring compliance with defined policies and procedures.
- Recommend strategies for raising necessary funds to facilitate the realization of Egbin’s operational and corporate objectives.
- Coordinate all foreign exchange dealings for Egbin Power plc.
- Cultivate and manage relationships with key bankers and investors.
- Oversee all bank guarantees, letters of credit, other instruments of payment with the bank and vendors
- Ensure the preparation, rendition of tax returns, and retention of all relevant tax records
- Ensure accurate computation and accounting for taxes ensure prompt settlement of liabilities
- Compute accurately, file all federal, state, local, sales, and other tax returns including relevant reports to ensure compliance with all tax laws and regulations
- Work with the cash management officer to ensure cheques for tax payments are promptly issued
- Oversee the tax payments at designated banks and obtain necessary receipts and other documents required for tax filing
- Extract, collate and document relevant supports and proof of remittances for tax investigation
- Seek innovative ways for the business to benefit from tax relief and other similar advantages
- Assist with all tax-related research, interpretation of tax legislation and provisions
- Keep abreast of changes and updates in macroeconomic policies and advice the Head, Treasury & Tax on the implications for the business.
- Prepare the unit’s budget inputs and contribute to the preparation of the budget firm-wide.
- Design and develop a unit plan that details how the unit will deliver on organizational requirements
- Prepare periodic reports for the attention of the Head, Treasury & Tax.
Education & Work Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or any related discipline.
- A postgraduate qualification will be an added advantage
- Professional certification such as ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CFA, etc. is compulsory.
- 10 – 15 years relevant experience with at least five (5) years in a managerial role
Skills and Competencies:
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations, and legislation relating to the power industry.
- In-depth knowledge of trends, developments in global accounting and finance practice.
- Advanced financial and accounting knowledge, including the understanding of finance best practices and IFRS/ international accounting and financial reporting standards.
- Experience in strategic financial planning and analysis.
- Working knowledge of the Multi-Year Tariff Order, cost assumptions, returns on investments, etc.
- Good sound business acumen, financial and commercial knowledge.
- Good understanding of foreign exchange operations and associated regulations.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good leadership and people management skills, including the ability to manage multiple/ complex teams effectively.
- Excellent negotiation skills and influencing skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High ethical standards and integrity.
Application Closing Date
21st September, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.