Latest jobs vacancies at Trexcel Capital Limited May 2022.
Trexcel Capital Limited is a Fund and Portfolio Management company offering Financial Advisory and Project Finance Services amongst others to its clients. The company is fully registered with Corporate Affairs Commission and currently undergoing registration with the Security and Exchange Commission.
Trexcel Capital provides financial solutions to meet the needs of individuals and organisations, leveraging on seasoned and professional workforce, enhanced technology and a sustainable policy to bring about mutual financial growth with our clients. Our services grew up as a result of identified financial hassles individuals and small businesses go through in raising funds, hence we are setting out to bridge the gap.
May 2022. Legal and Compliance Officer
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Report to: The Head, Legal Unit
Review of all relevant statutory laws and regulations applicable to the Company and ensure compliance with these:
- Ensure that business activities are conducted in conformity with all applicable laws, regulations, internal policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all regulatory permissions remain current and appropriate for business needs.
- Continual compliance risk assessment of company practices together with the development of internal policies and procedures, compliance training and protocols.
- Serve as liaison for all regulatory bodies as well as maintaining relationships with relevant legal bodies and trade associations.
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments and industry initiatives and advise management accordingly.
- Liaise with third parties, together with the company’s management, that wish to understand the company’s control environment, compliance policies and procedures.
- Provide reporting with respect to regulatory requirements and developments.
- Develop compliance checklists and prepare compliance reports, as and when due.
- Inform the Internal Audit unit of any findings as regards non-compliance that may require investigation.
- Ensuring compliance with best practices.
- Participate in Business Process Re-engineering exercises to ensure controls therein.
- Carry out review of SLA Manuals to ensure applicable regulatory laws are incorporated.
- Any other duties as required by the Unit head.
- Liaise with auditors, external lawyers, tax advisers, bankers and shareholders.
- Preparation of compliance documentation with relevant constitutive documents for statutory, legal, regulatory purposes.
- Liaison with all the subsidiaries within the Company’s Group, service providers, external legal advisers, and government agencies.
- Maintenance and review of Legal Agreements.
- Developing and overseeing that the company meets its compliance obligations under relevant laws and the requirements of regulatory authorities.
- Negotiation, drafting and implementation of the terms of agreements in all business contracts and agreements.
- Responsible for providing legal support in controlling customer complaints to mitigate the risk of litigation.
- Review all documentation that has legal implications for the company prior to signing and implementing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law or other management courses.
- Masters in any displine(an advantage).
- A minimum of 5 years working experience with at least 3 years compliance experience preferably within the financial services environment. Insurance Industry experience preferable.
- I.T knowledge (particularly in Excel and Word).
- High level of determination and tenacity.
- Good understanding of Compliance activities in Financial Services.
- Experience of developing and managing compliance monitoring programmes.
- Articulate, effective communication skills with the ability to communicate internally and externally (lawyers, regulators, auditors) at all levels.
- Fully conversant with SEC, NSE, CAC, NFIU, and other regulatory Directives and Guidelines.
Application Closing Date
25th February, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV in PDF to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.