Title: TV Studio Technologist | Ref: NUN-MCM-001 | Nile University of Nigeria
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Type: Full Time
The Mass Communication Department seeks to hire a competent TV Studio Technologist that will coordinate and carry out pre- and post-production duties for the Nile TV/Radio and other television programmes. Specifically, the TV Studio Technologist will be charged with the following responsibilities:
- Identify the camera, audio, and lighting equipment needed for the production.
- Train students on editing, producing, and preparing files and recordings for on-air programming.
- Oversee setup of production equipment for the studio, control room, or filming location
- Train students in show formulation, content, and formatting.
- Operate studio equipment to help facilitate flow of programs
- Operate cameras, video recorders, lights, microphones, and computer editing software
- Operate the audio -video mixer consoles specifically Panasonic digital AV Mixer, Air mate audio and video mixing consoles, non-linear editing systems, recording equipment like the DJ-Osmo handheld gimbal, Nikon cameras and Sony, Black Magic video cameras etc.
- Provide technical support with the automated system.
- Perform routine maintenance on audio and video equipment.
- Respond to inquiries and issues and assist with actions to correct problems.
- During post-production, edit footage, dubs soundtrack, and prepare final version of the program.
- Create promotional clips using approved footage
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Experience, and Attributes
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication or any related discipline.
- A Master’s Degree will be an added advantage
- A minimum 3 years experience in radio and television broadcasting or a production studio capacity
- Membership of a certified professional body
- Adept user of Microsoft office programmes,
- Proficiency in the use of audio and video editing software like adobe audition, adobe premiere pro, after effect and final cut for post-production in iMac and Windows computers
- Ability to effectively operate the audio -video mixer consoles
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Time Management skills
- Notable attention to details
- Excellent interpersonal relations skills
- High attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills.
10th May 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should quote appropriate reference number as the subject of the e-mail and send their current Curriculum Vitae (prepared as a Microsoft Word document, and saved with your full names) to: [email protected]