- Latest job vacancies at United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) in Nigeria
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
Jobs at UNICEF Recruitment
January 28, 2023.
September 6, 2022
Job Title: National Consultant – Endline Assessment of Dietary Diversity Project \ UNICEF Job No: 554861Location: Bichi, Sumaila, Gwarzo and Gabasawa Local Government Areas (LGAs) – KanoContract Type: ConsultantLevel: ConsultancyCategories: Nutrition… Read more here
Deputy Representative – Operations at the United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF)
September 6, 2022
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) Job Title: Deputy Representative – Operations Job No: 554910Location: AbujaContract Type: Fixed Term AppointmentLevel: P-5Categories: Administration For Every Child, Dedication As a Strategic Business… Read more here
August 17, 2022
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) Job Title: Deputy Representative, Operations Job No: 20079Location: AbujaContract Type: Fixed Term AppointmentLevel: P-5Categories: Human Resources, Information Communication Technology, Supply Management, Legal Affairs, Operations,… R
August 12, 2022
Job Title: Consultant to Support the Review of the One-year Pre-primary Curriculum and Develop the Teacher’s Guide and Training Manual | United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) Job No: 553830Location: AbujaContract… Read more here
Communication for Development (C4D) Officer
Job Title: Communication for Development (C4D) Officer
Job No.: 551083
Contract type: Temporary Appointment
Categories: Social and Behavior Change
How Can You Make a Difference?
- The C4D Officer provides technical and operational support to the Chief of C4D, C4D Specialists, and other C4D colleagues by planning, implementing, monitoring a variety of C4D initiatives and activities to promote community engagement and participation, and measurable social and behavioral change, requiring the application of technical and theoretical skills and thorough knowledge of organizational goals, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures to complete tasks.
Broad responsibilities of the role include (but are not limited to):
- Contribute to and participate in conducting research and analysis of Behavioural, social, and cultural aspects in the country/region.
- Collect and synthesize qualitative and quantitative information and data to support the establishment of comprehensive and evidence-based information.
- Collaborate and/or consult with internal and external partners to provide operational and technical support to research, develop, and produce evidence-based strategies to ensure community engagement and participation, and maximum outreach and impact on behavioral and social change.
- Support the implementation of C4D activities
- Develop and enhance strong partnerships with community groups, leaders, and other partners in the community and civil society for the promotion of participation in social and Behavioural changes supportive of programme goals.
- Capacity-building support
- Monitoring and knowledge management
- Budget planning and management of programme funds.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have:
- Advanced University Degree in the Social / Behavioral Sciences, (Sociology, Anthropology, Psychology, Communication Studies and Health Education) or any other relevant field.
- Training in social and behavior change and social research would be an advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant professional work experience in the planning and management of social behavior change programMEs, including 2 years of practical experience in the adaptation and application of C4D processes to specific programmes.
- Fluency in English and the local working language of the duty station will be considered an asset.
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (II)
- Works Collaboratively with others (II)
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships (II)
- Innovates and Embraces Change (II)
- Thinks and Acts Strategically (II)
- Drives to achieve impactful results (II)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (II).
- Persuading and influencing (I)
- Applying technical expertise (I)
- Learning and researching (II)
- Planning and organizing (II).
Application Closing Date
20th May, 2022 West Central Africa Standard Time.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Important Information and Notice
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- Qualified Female candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
- During the vacancies process, we test candidates following a competency framework. Familiarize with our competency framework and its different levels: https://uni.cf/Competencies
- UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority, and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles.
- All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history.
- Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
- UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, race, sexual orientation, nationality, culture, appearance, socio-economic status, ability, age, religious, and ethnic backgrounds, to apply to become a part of the organization.