United Nigeria Airlines Jobs and Recruitment in Nigeria – Lagos, Anambra, Enugu etc October, 2021
United Nigeria Airlines Company Limited is a wholly Nigerian company incorporated under the Companies and Allied Matters Act of 1990 at the Corporate Affairs Commission to offer commercial air transportation services under the registered tradename; United Nigeria.
Job Title: Station Manager | Private Airlines Services Limited (Operators of United Nigeria) | Location: Osubi, Delta
Employment Type: Full Time
Reports to: Head Ground Operation (HGO)
- The Station Manager is to ensure on time performance of all domestic, Regional and international flights, transit passenger, baggage, cargo and aircraft activities with the highest standard of service and efficiency rendered to passengers and customers of the airlines with safety, security and on-time departure being top priority.
- Oversees all aspects of the station’s operations ensuring safe, punctual, efficient and smooth operations.
- Assumes direct responsibility for his Station Agents, Customer Service Agent, Security Staff, Ticketing and Reservation Officers, Dispatcher, Ramp Agent, Driver, Catering Officer) Check- in Agent and Baggage Handlers etc)
- Directs all activities related to Station Operations and Coordinates all functions to ensure superior customer service, operational integrity, and positive employee relations.
- Develops schedules ensuring cost compliance and allocating needed resources
- Ensures customer service representatives are fully trained, knowledgeable and provide superior customer service.
- Ensures compliance with all UNA Ground Operation’s Manual, Load Manual, Station Manuals and other documents relevant to the management of the station.
- Ensures compliance with International, Federal, State and Local Aviation Regulations
- Identifies and manages station problems, investigate and provides recommendations for operational efficiency for Management
- Makes yearly plans and budgets for the station. Negotiates and manages airport specific contracts, quotations and follows up service compliance in accordance to the existing contracts.
- Initiates service recovery efforts in the event of operations irregularities in cooperation with Operational Dispatch.
- Verifies and approves all station related invoices and reports any mistakes accordingly.
- Involves in station staff recruitment, initiatives disciplinary hearings, training, development and motivational exercises for station staff
- Provides leadership and guidance to the ground handling agents and UNA staff
- Represents UNA at all Airport related functions, meetings and liaises with airport authority and governmental offices.
- Ensures company brand and values compliance
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned by management from time to time.
- Ensures having meetings with his team
- Ensures team work in the station
- Maintain excellent relationship with Aviation Authorities-NCAA,FAAN,NAMA and NIMET and others-bankers, hotel, car hires etc
- Complete quarterly and annual appraisal and staff assessment and make recommendations and submit to HGO.
- Submit to FAAN,NAMA,NCAA all relevant official documents required by regulation
Education & Physical Requirements
- HND or B.Sc in any discipline
- A higher degree will be an added advantage.
- Must be able to work late hours and multi task.
- A minimum of four (5) years’ experience as a Station Manager
- Must be comfortable to work under extreme pressure
- Must be smart enough to take critical decisions within very short time limi
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Strong customer service skills
- Knowledge of Nig.CARs
- Knowledge of Ground Handling Operations will be of advantage
- Ability to develop working partnerships with all departments and other airlines at the airport
- Analytical and forward looking
- Technical expertise — mastery of job-related knowledge, skills and abilities
- Team player
- Anticipation and prioritization abilities
- Must be very meticulous with eyes for details.
- Must have Leadership and motivational skills
- Directing and developing staff
- Relationship building skills
- Interpersonal skillst.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Application (indicating location) and CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.