Job Title: Virtual Support Team Clinical Lead | APIN Public Health Initiatives Limited / Gte
Requisition ID: api-88677
Location: Abuja (Remote)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Department: Prevention & Community Services
Reporting to: Project manager APIN/ Programme manager SH:24 London
- We are absolutely committed to ensuring that SH:24 users have the best possible experience. We are looking for people who are committed to delivering excellent care and who take pride in what they do.
- We are looking for someone who shares our vision for a more accessible sexual and reproductive health services – a team player who wants to make a difference, someone who will fulfil a crucial frontline role.
- We are looking for a doctor with experience of public/sexual health service provision and/or sexual health education and outreach with excellent IT skills who is passionate about improving the sexual health and reducing HIV in the population in Nigeria.
- Develop an understanding of service user needs and offer information, advice, support and signposting through remote communications such as the telephone, text messaging and WhatsApp.
- Recruiting users to research and evaluation studies as required, answering questions and supporting participation.
- Providing non-directive, non-judgmental counselling on issues related to sexual health and HIV.
- Assessing medical eligibility for sexual health/HIV products such as PrEP/ART and condoms.
- Prescribing sexual health products such as the PrEP and ART and condoms when appropriate.
- To identify and appropriately support vulnerable users and those with safeguarding issues.
- To refer service users to partner agencies/services in emergencies (in line with SH:24/APIN policy) when required.
- To share and support good clinical practice.
- To work within scope of practice/area of competency
- To follow SH:24/APIN and national/international clinical guidelines
Quality, Innovation and Improvement:
- Support the development and management of clinical procedures, in-line with best practice guidance
- To organise, attend and particpate in clinical governance meetings.
- To contribute to the ongoing updating of clinical policies.
- Generate and track key performance metrics
- To manage adverse incident reporting (AIMS) in collaboration with the project manager.
- Ensure that user experience is paramount by obtaining and managing user feedback to improve their experience of the service
- Managing day to day tasks and workload of the clinical team to ensure that all daily tasks are covered and that time is allocated to managerial tasks including audit and clinical policy management.
- Ensure that clinical skills are up to date by participating in a process of continuing professional development.
Education / Qualifications / Training
- Registered with the Nigeria Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council
- Appropriate Medical Degree, for example, MBChB or equivalent
- At least 2 years, post registration experience of working in public/sexual and reproductive health care or sexual health education and outreach.
Essential Knowledge / Skills:
- Excellent knowledge of sexually transmitted infections including common presentations, complications, diagnosis and management.
- Excellent knowledge of the diagnosis, management and prevention of HIV
- Understanding of barriers to and stigma associated with accessing services amongst key risk groups
- Excellent IT skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel.
- Excellent communication skills face-to-face, on the telephone and via WhatsApp/SMS
- Experience of counselling about the sexual health infections including HIV, risk and prevention
- Personal characteristics
- Friendly, approachable and supportive manner towards service users
- Non-judgmental attitudes regardless of age, ethnicity, sexual behavior or reproductive choices
- Excellent listening skills
- Willingness to manage sexual health problems, by telephone/SMS/WhatApp when it is clinically safe to do so.
- Willing to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
- Positive approach to service development, innovation and change
- Willingness to participate in research and evaluation by explaining evaluation processes to users, answering questions on this and supporting their participation
- Willingness to work collaboratively and contribute to the development of a and evolving service
- IT literate/competent and willing to learn how to use systems
- Trustworthy, discreet and highly conscious of the importance of maintaining the confidentiality and integrity of personal information
- Acute awareness of information security issues and willing to comply with security requirements.
Application Closing Date
24th June, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online