Latest job vacancies at Vision Athletics Foundation (VAF)
Vision Athletics Foundation (VAF), otherwise called Circled 7 founded in 2009 and registered in 2010 as incorporated trustees (CAC/IT/NO. 38969), is a Nigerian based civil society organization modelled on the Genessaince Project in Detroit, Michigan, USA.VAF’s thematic focus area is the development of youth/young persons. Its strategic programs methodology is cross-sectorial and requires cross-collaboration to be comprehensive (networking relationships with counterparts in the field of education, Sports, health, youth and social development), and teach leadership, civic responsibility, values, life lessons and skills, in a structured peer-to-peer environment, as well as mentorship, by demonstrated leaders and professionals. VAF programs target the provision of entrepreneurship/employability, and technical/vocational skills training, business development and financing, job placement, and mental health awareness. Its ongoing programs for young people include; Music Production, Chef/food processing/Catering Services, Fashion and Design, Photography, Computer learning and Wood crafts/Woodworks.
Jobs at Vision Athletics Foundation (VAF) Recruitment
January 29, 2023
September 6, 2022
Vision Athletics Foundation (VAF)Job Title: Research Consultant for Improving the Mental Health Awareness of Target Beneficiaries Location: Port Harcourt, RiversEmployment Type: Part-timeDuration of work: Expected job completion date is 30 days… Read more here
Research Consultant for Improving the Mental Health Awareness of Target Beneficiaries
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Part-time
Duration of work: Expected job completion date is 30 days from the date of contract signing
- A serious public health concern in Nigeria, is the lack of youth, community leaders and OVCs literacy on mental health awareness. With a high or increasing incident rate of suicides, cultism, mental illness in schools, and communities there is a clear need for mental health awareness training, as much of these circumstances are preventable and can be addressed. The dearth of qualified counsellors, trainers, mentors, programs, information is alarming.
- Despite the enormity of the situation, there is a lacuna on data / statistics concerning the prevalence, pattern of psychiatric disorders among young persons, including these particular categories of persons in Nigeria.
- The result of this information gap is the continual disregard for mental health issues and the need for training and preventive services for former and present OVCs, young persons and community leaders.
- Our consortium plans to research to understand the rate and distribution of these disorders among the target population, to improve the health conditions of beneficiaries. We plan to train OVCs, counsellors, community leaders, mental health service providers on how to recognize mental health issues, bullying and the most appropriate responses as the frontline and first responders.
- Our goals are to conduct research, increase the mental health awareness of OVCs ages 10 – 19 and youths ages 18 – 35, through trainings, advocacy campaigns on mental health issues among CSOs/CBOs, religious institutions and Journalists in Rivers State.
Terms of Reference for consultancy services
- Improving Mental Health Awareness, of Present and Former Orphans and Vulnerable Children, youth and community leaders in Rivers State.
- Conduct research, on mental health issues among CSOs/CBOs and Journalists in Rivers State
- Improve data/statistics concerning the prevalence, pattern and distribution of psychiatric disorders among young persons former and present OVCs, counsellors, community leaders in Rivers state to improve the health conditions of OVCs.
Scope of Work / Assignment
- The research activities will be carried out in 5 LGAs in Rivers State (Eleme, Port Harcourt, Obio/Akpor, Ahoada East, Asari Toru).
- The work is both field and desk base. The target population is 1000 respondents.
Specific tasks include:
- Assisting in developing and pre-testing data gathering Instrument (structured questionnaires and FGD to fit purpose)
- Assembling and training of enumeration team
- Facilitating actual data gathering in the field
- Data collation and analysis.
- Inception Report
- Draft report compilation
- Presentation of findings
- Final report compilation and submission.
- Candidates should possess a Master’s Degree or PhD qualification with 5 – 10 years work experience.
N450,000 – N900,000 Monthly.
Honorarium for Services:
- Consultant honorarium and transport allowances are negotiable and factored into an operational budget.
Application Closing Date
9th September, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.