Latest Jobs Vacancies at voguepay in Nigeria
VoguePay is Nigeria’s leading online secure payment processor, offering both individual and business merchants an opportunity to transact seamlessly. VoguePay is Nigeria’s leading online secure payment processor, offering both individual and business merchants an opportunity to transact seamlessly. VoguePay is a secured, user-friendly online payment platform to send and receive payment with or without a website.
The robust platform allows flexible solutions you could personalize to solve all your payment problems across a wide range of industries. Account opening is FREE and this has endeared VoguePay as a secured payment platform of choice for Small businesses and startups in over 4 continents of the world. There are several in-built tools for merchants include business analytics information like sales and store reports, inventory management, and third-party plugins.
Job Title: Internal Control / Data Protection Officer | Location: Lagos | Employment Type: Full-time
- Inform and advise the data controller or the processor and the employees who carry out processing of their obligations under applicable data protection law
- Monitor compliance with data protection law and with the policies of the data controller or processor in relation to the protection of personal data
- Assignment of responsibilities, awareness-raising and training of staff involved in the processing of personal data, and the related audits
- Provide advice where requested regarding data protection impact assessments and monitor their performance
- Cooperate with all relevant supervisory authorities for data protection
- Act as the contact point for supervisory authorities on issues relating to personal data processing and to consult, where appropriate, with regard to any other matter.
- Review existing accounting and financial controls, other legal & compliance processes in place and make any necessary revisions or additions.
- Work with human resources to update policy manuals and other documentation to ensure immediate compliance by all staff involved.
- Conduct regular audits to verify whether departments follow the established procedures.
- Serve as the go-between with the company and external government and auditing agencies.
- Stay on top of changes in accounting and external audit procedures to ensure the company is in compliance.
- Provision of audit reports with recommendations to management on all audit assignments.
- Review the systems established to ensure compliance with those policies, plans, procedures, laws, and regulations that could have significant impact on operations and reports, and determining whether the organization is in compliance.
- Evaluate the Internal Control system in the Company and recommend improvements / changes where and when necessary.
- Develop relevant audit programmes in line with specific audit objectives and risk analysis.
- Responsible for conducting various IT audits and reviews with key emphasis on IT corporate governance, adequacy of current hardware and software applications architecture and business support
- Conduct pre-payment checks and vouching of all payments and other capital or overheads requests.
- Identify the risks that the business faces and develop preventive strategies.
- Evaluate information security and associated risk exposures
- Monitor and assess the post-period implementation of risk management strategies.
- Participate in the gradual and continuous improvement of risk monitoring procedures and tools
- Evaluate cross-border laws as it relates to risk.
- Advise on the creation/further development of control procedures to avoid breaches of regulatory obligations, in particular, those of the Banking/ Payments Act, AML Act, etc.;
- Perform other duties as may be assigned to you from time to time.
Educational Qualification & Experience
- HND / B.Sc in Banking and Finance, Economics or any social science-related field & Data Science, Information Technology
- Professional Certification; ICAN, ACCA etc.
- A minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience in a financial institution or external audit firm.
- Experience in basic accounting and insurance software applications etc.
- Experience in international privacy laws, including drafting of privacy policies, technology provisions, and outsourcing agreements.
- Experience in IT operations and programming including attainment of information security standards certifications and privacy seal/marks.
- Excellent communication skills (English): Spoken and written
- Advanced Analytical Skill
- Knowledge of IT
- Negotiation skills to interface with NDPR on behalf of the company represented.
- Communication skills to speak with a wide-ranging audience, from the board of directors to data subjects, from managers to IT staff and lawyers.
- Excellent Report Writing and Presentation skills.
Application Closing Date
24th September, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.