Job Title: Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) Assistant | Care Best Initiative (CBI) | Location: Damaturu, Yobe
Employment Type: Volunteer
Duration: 6 months (extendable)
- The WASH Assistant will be responsible for the implementation of CBI’sWASH infrastructure program in Damaturu.
- The WASH Assistant’s primary function is to ensure the quality of the planning, implementation, and follow-up of WASH activities being implemented by CBI.
- Specifically, the WASH Assistant is expected to conduct the day-to-day implementation of Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene activities, especially in the areas of intervention in Damaturu.
- To carry out Need and technical assessments for all types of WASH infrastructures.
- Preparation and Submission of order requests as per policies and procedures.
- To conduct training regarding the operation and maintenance of water supply and sanitation facilities for beneficiaries and water management committees.
- Organize and implement hygiene promotion training as required.
- Liaise and secure consent from the local authorities and beneficiaries prior to intervention.
- Preparation of weekly, and monthly work plans and progress reports.
- Preparation of feasibility reports and completion certificates.
- Working in harmony with all other staff and field team for the effective and efficient day-to-day management of the WASH activities in Damaturu.
- Participate in preparing monthly/quarterly/annual highlights/ reports and proposals and budgets for donors when needed.
- Coordinate community mobilization and sensitization of the community on WASH activities.
- Follow up, inspect and ensure project materials are delivered as per specified measurements at field level in a timely way, and follow up on those not delivered as per requisition.
- Coordinate with other stakeholders on the ground for smooth, efficient, and effective implementation of the activities.
- Ensuring the integration of WASH, Protection, livelihood, and shelter activities through close coordination.
- Represent the organization and actively participate in State level WASH Cluster meetings, Planning, and coordination meetings.
- Contribute to monthly reports for WASH cluster attention.
- Coordinate and participate in project startup/project closure workshops, baseline survey, and end of Project Evaluation for the project as per project design and within the project implementation deadlines.
- Prepare project documentation including monthly project reports on implementation status, and intermediate and final narrative reports as per donor requirements and send them to WASH Sector Advisor and other relevant team members for review/further action within set deadlines.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Degree in the relevant field especially Public health, Environmental Health Science, Nutrition, or equivalent professional qualification.
- Minimum of 1 year programming experience with relevant working experience, desirable in WASH.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, calm, and a good sense of humor.
- Very good understanding of national WASH policies, strategies, and programs.
- Thorough knowledge of SPHERE Shelter and WASH in emergencies standards.
- Experience in community-based interventions.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and representative skills (written, oral, cross-cultural).
- Ability to work with multi-cultural teams.
- Skills in training and management.
- Proficiency in the use of computers (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint Presentation).
- Ability to speak English fluently, Hausa, and other local languages desirable.
Application Closing Date
14th July, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- By submitting your application for this position, you agree to CBI ZERO Tolerance to:
- Sexual Harassment, Exploitation, Abuse, and Child Abuse
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion.
- Care Best Initiative (CBI)provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
- This is emergency recruitment and we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible.
- Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Kindly attach additional certificates that support or address the requirements listed for the position in one PDF format, Cover Letter, and CV together in Word format.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.