Welder , Packing Plant | DCP – Operations, Ibese, Ogun State, Nigeria | Full time Packing, Plant-Ibese
Perform a variety of tasks pertaining to fabrication, installation, maintenance, repair and service of mechanical equipment, instruments and structures used within the plant.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaise with the Shift Technicians to identify problematic equipment/machines in the plant and effect repairs promptly.
- Implement SOP’s for maintenance.
- Execute corrective maintenance on all assigned equipment/ machines in a timely manner.
- Assist to ensure safety precautions are observed and personal protection equipment are worn during repairs or scheduled maintenance.
- Take inventory of working tools weekly to ensure that it matches the original tool list provided.
- Perform work order repairs, inspections and adjustments.
- Replace minor fixtures in the plant machines.
- Participate in plant safety, health and environmental programs.
- Cleaning of welding machine before being put into operation.
- Checking of the welding cables damaged joints, without insulation welding tongue condition, and earthling cable (earth).
- Check all the terminals and the power source.
- Switch on the machine and regulate it for a desirable purpose.
- Ensure that during welding PPE’s is used before starting to weld i.e, welding safety goggles, hand glove, welding helmet etc.
- Do not wear nylon or other synthetic materials as they can easily melt when contacted with sparks.
- Wear high cut shoes so that sparks will not fall inside them.
- Check for any inflammable material are kept away or remove from the surrounding during welding.
Education and Work Experience
- Trade Test 1,2,3
- WASC/GCE/SSCE with minimum of five (5) years of relevant work experience.
Skills and Competencies
- Basic knowledge of cement production process
- In-depth knowledge of the cement packing machines/ functions and procedures
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and repair equipment with accuracy and speed
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Good relationship management skills
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply