Latest job vacancies at Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization WEWE
Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organisation (WEWE) is a not – for – profit, Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) that was founded in 2004 by Josephine Ogazi and Joseph Egwuonwu. WEWE started out as a Community Based Organisation (CBO) with the aim of providing scholarships and economic empowerment to orphans and widows in Okigwe, Imo State and has since expanded its aims and objectives. WEWE is registered as a national NGO with CAC under incorporated trustees and its registration number is CAC/IT/NO33132.
Jobs at Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization WEWE
December 20, 2022
Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE) Job Title: Lead Trainer Location: Abakaliki, EbonyiEmployment Type: Full-time Responsibilities Develops and coordinates training schedules and ensures availability of qualified trainers. Assures quality of training… Read more here
December 20, 2022
Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE) Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator I Location: Abakaliki, EbonyiEmployment Type: Full-time Responsibilities S/he will implement and oversee M&E activities, under guidance of the project… Read more here
December 20, 2022
Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE) Job Title: Finance Officer Location: Abakaliki, EbonyiEmployment Type: Full-time Responsibilities S/he will leads the financial management of the grant. S/he will maintains adequate financial records… Read more here
Internal Audit Officer at Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE)
September 27, 2022
Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE)Job Title: Internal Audit Officer Location: Abuja Key Duties and Responsibilities The Internal Audit Officer will assist to contribute in the improvement of WEWE control processes,… Read more here
Job Title: Internal Audit Officer
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- The Internal Audit Officer will assist to contribute in the improvement of WEWE control processes, risk management, and governance.
- Assist to carry out pre and post-review of all financial expenditures.
- The Internal Audit Officer will assist to review CBO’s monthly certified expenditure reports.
- Assist to carry out internal control self-assessment on CBOs.
- Assist to perform monthly reviews and evaluation of financial records/reports and bank reconciliation statements.
- Assist to ensure WEWE and donor’s assets are safeguarded.
- Assist to ensure that inventory record is up-to-date, complete, and accurate
- Assist the organization in carrying out risk identification and timely reporting to the appropriate authority with improvement recommendations.
- Assist in the timely investigation of all cases of fraudulent practices and missing assets.
- Assist to prepare and present reports that reflect the audit’s results and document process
- Assist to document the process and prepare audit findings memorandum
- Assist to conduct follow-up audits to monitor management’s interventions
- Assist to engage in continuous knowledge development regarding the sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques, and performance standards
- Assist in periodically carrying out Fraud Awareness and Preventing training for staff
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Graduate with a Bachelor’s Degree or Higher National Diploma in Accounting
- 2 – 4 years experience in an audit firm managing similar responsibilities
- Must possess a second-class upper/Upper credit
- Must be a full member of ICAN or equivalent
- Must have experience in participating in statutory or audits of local NGOs like WEWE
- Must be very strong in report writing – i.e., evidence that they have led audit assignments and have been the ones writing the final audit report for their audit firm.
- Must have experience writing quarterly audit reports to the board
- Be proficient in the use of Excel, PowerPoint, and quick books accounting software.
- Thorough understanding of program management, donor reporting requirements, and managing donor relations.
- Knowledge of carrying out audits of US CDC funding or USAID funding is an added advantage
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online