Maersk | Location: Lagos | Title: (WND) Adminstration Manager
Your shoes were likely made in China. Have you ever wondered how they got to your local retailer? Or what’s in that shipping container going down your local highway?
At Maersk Distribution and Warehouse Services, we know. In fact, we facilitate the distribution and movement of freight every single day.
Each of our client’s supply chain is evaluated to optimize efficiency from factory production, all the way to end user delivery. The goal is not only to minimize lead times but also to minimize inventory levels and costs, thus making the client’s business more flexible.
We are currently looking for a dynamic candidate to join our team as the WND Administration Manager.
We offer you an exciting global career at the forefront of world trade.
Working with the best people in a global team culture with future growth opportunities in an industry that has a significant impact on the world economy…
We’re proud of our people who define our company’s industry leadership, global team culture and customer-centric focus every day.
When you join our team you join a truly diverse, global organization in a fast-moving, values-based, work environment where you can grow on the job, create and shape our digital solutions, tap into industry-leading talent development initiatives, enjoy working with your colleagues and broaden your world view through our international job postings. We offer competitive compensation and benefits for full-time employees including health, dental and vision insurance, a 401k savings plan with an employer match and paid time-off – and our parental leave policy is recognized world-wide as one of the best in the industry.
Every company, every country wants access to a competitive shipping, logistics and port system – and our people have created one company that offers one, easy-to-use solution to all their shipping needs.
Maersk is unique
Maersk is uniquely positioned to play a significant role in global trade, creating opportunities that help countries, companies and people succeed. Our vision is simple: Maersk is the global integrator of container logistics, connecting and simplifying our customers’ global supply chains. We do this through the global scale of Maersk, the world’s largest shipping line; our Logistics and Services expertise that help customers manage their global supply chains; and through our port operator, APM Terminals, one of the largest container terminal operators in the world with the most strategic locations to serve global supply chains.
Join us and play an important role on our team lifting global trade every day!
- Coach and lead team members
- Drive transformations and change management projects
- Ensuring team adheres to the standard processes and customer Specific IOP’s and monitors respective KPI’s
- Support onboarding of new team members
- Actively build strong relationships with customers and gain an understanding of their business, service needs, drivers, and desi res
- Help resolve all customer issues and engage relevant stakeholders as required to facilitate timely and effective solutions
- Own customer experience. Lead the team to achieve best in class Customer Service.
You will act as team manager and be responsible for:
- Client KPI: meet the client specific KPI target.
- Enhance Customer Service
- Deliver a second to none customer service through providing client and their suppliers with certainty and reliability in their supply chain.
- Ensure a high data quality and timeliness
- Increase Productivity
- Constantly find ways to work smarter and take redundancy out of the operation.
- Support and implement automation initiatives
- Reduce costs
- Drive cost leadership to provide customers with a competitive solution while at the same time securing the highest possible profit for Maersk.
- Finance results
- Optimize the business activities to enhance the overall financial results
- Issue and collect receivables timely.
We are looking for
- 5+ years of experience in Logistics, with strong knowledge and expertise on developing and handling Inland/LCL/Air logistics businesses.
- Strong knowledge of local logistics operations and systems, Infrastructure, competition and local supplier markets for insourced physical products.
- Customer Service Experience , at least 4 years, with a strong customer centricity mindset.
- 5+ years of experience managing high performance and engagement teams.
- Soft Skills
- Leadership skills
- Detailed oriented
- Cost consciousness
- Stakeholder Management
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply