World Bank Group Job Title: Investment Analyst | Location: Lagos
Term Duration:2 years 0 months
Recruitment Type:Local Recruitment
Closing Date:8/15/2020 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
IFC—a sister organization of the World Bank and member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2019, we invested more than $19 billion in private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit www.ifc.org
IFC offers a full range of financial products across the entire capital value chain, with a long-term investment horizon and deep knowledge of Emerging Markets. With one of the largest footprints in Emerging Markets, we offer local knowledge, linkages to other clients and portfolios, as well as an understanding of regulations and local domains.
The Disruptive Technologies and Venture Capital team (“CDFDT”) invests in venture/early growth companies that offer innovative technologies or business models with high impact potential in Emerging Markets as well as VC funds. By executing transactions at earlier stages than IFC’s more traditional business lines, the CDFDT team enhances the organization’s strong commitment to innovation, support to local businesses, and helps accelerate cross border technology transfers. The Team works closely with other industry investment groups within IFC, including Infrastructure, Manufacturing and Financial Markets, as well as with appropriate counterparts within the World Bank Group.
The venture capital group is looking to recruit an Investment Analyst in IFC’s Lagos office to support the current team in developing and executing new business opportunities, as well as managing investment portfolio and local client relationships. The Investment Analyst will play an active role in participating in the local office’s and the region’s business activities, interact directly with local and global clients, and will work with colleagues from Headquarters (Washington DC), and other regional offices.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Evaluate, structure, negotiate, and close new transactions
- Develop a strong mapping and pipeline of good quality investment opportunities.
- Help supervise investments in portfolio companies and manage internal IFC procedures including preparation of portfolio reports and related information
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients, global and regional private businesses, banking and multilateral partners and government officials to further develop the sector and to develop specific investment opportunities
- Coordinate closely with IFC’s business risk functions to ensure maintenance of the highest environmental and social, and integrity standards
- At least 2 – 3 years of experience in venture capital, private equity, consulting, investment banking, equity research. Candidates who have a proven track-record of sourcing, structuring and closing investments preferred
- Strong interest in venture investing and emerging technology areas
- Strong familiarity with financial software applications (e.g. Microsoft Office suite, research and financial databases, etc.)
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills, and ability to work successfully with clients and colleagues from various cultural backgrounds
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Fluency in spoken and written English; a multi-lingual background will be viewed upon favorably
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply