Latest United Nations World Food Programme Recruitment.September 30, 2022 . Jobs, careers and vacancies at World Food Programme
The World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, saving lives in emergencies and using food assistance to build a pathway to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change. In a world of plenty, where enough food is produced to feed everyone on the planet, hunger should be a thing of the past. However, conflict, climate change, disasters, inequality and – most recently – the COVID-19 pandemic mean one in nine people globally is still going to bed hungry and famine looms for millions.
Powered by the passion, dedication and professionalism of our 20,000 staff worldwide, the World Food Programme (WFP) works in over 80 countries to bring life-saving food to people displaced by conflict and made destitute by disasters, and help individuals and communities find life-changing solutions to the multiple challenges they face in building better futures.We work to enhance nutrition in women and children, support smallholder farmers in improving productivity and reducing losses, help countries and communities prepare for and cope with climate-related shocks, and boost human capital through school feeding programmes. In conflict situations, we bring relief to exhausted populations and use food assistance to build pathways to peace and stability – work for which WFP was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 2020.
Jobs at UN World Food Programme Recruitment
September 30, 2022.
September 14, 2022
United Nations World Food Programme (UN WFP) Job Title: Finance Associate Requisition ID: 173204Location: Abuja Organizational Context World Food Programme/United Nations Humanitarian Air Services (WFP/UNHAS) is mandated to procure, on behalf… Read more here
Deputy Head of Area Office, Maiduguri CST II
Requisition ID: 161094
Location: Maiguguri, Borno
Contract Duration: The contract is for 6 (six) months on a Regular Consultancy level.
Background and Purpose of the Assignment
- Maiduguri is a large and complex Area Office that is the heart of WFP Nigeria’s operations. The CST will be supporting the Head of Area office to lead and manage the Office by being his OIC when he is out and to ensure the effective and efficient management of human and financial resources and delivery of WFP programs and activities.
- In that capacity the CST will also be required to put emphasis in building and maintaining relationships with local governments, UN agencies and other partners in the area to reinforce WFP’s visibility.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Support the Head of Area office to effectively manage the Area Office and Field Offices under responsibility to ensure transparent and efficient people management and the continued development of a cohesive and high performing team.
- Support Head of Area Office to ensure for close collaboration with governments and other partners in identifying where assistance can be usefully employed at the local level and ensure provision of support and technical expertise for the planning, formulation and implementation of food assistance programmes, including advice on the context-specific transfer modalities (food, cash or vouchers).
- Ensure efficient use of financial resources for achievement of set objectives.
- Hold accountability for timely monitoring activities and for accurate and comprehensive analysis at the area office and reports on WFP’s operations and performance to inform operational planning and decisions.
- Support promotion and deployment of WFP corporate/CO initiatives, strategies, and directions.
- Support Head of Area Office in ensuring incorporation of gender perspectives in all areas of work, to ensure equal participation of women and men.
- Act as a role model of the values, principles and standards of WFP, actively contributing to creating an inclusive and collaborative work environment through respectful and constructive communication and holding self and other team members accountable for their actions.
Deliverables at the End of Contract:
- HoAO supported effectively.
- Admin, finance, HR and other support units adequately supervised to offer necessary support for effective performance at the area office.
- Support Monthly financial closures.
- All AO related activities timely monitored.
- Accurate and comprehensive analysis at the area office provided through relevant corporate reports on WFP’s operations and performance to inform operational planning and decisions.