Inter Gap | Title: Writer | Location: Remote (Nigeria) | Type: Full-time
Inter Gap – Founded in 2016 by Francis Odogun, Inter Gap is a leading consultant to blue chip corporations in West Africa in the field of advertising, publicity, branding and innovations.
- Do you love using plain language to convey deeply technical concepts? Are you passionate about writing? An experienced creative or technical writer with ability to create compelling, instructive, and well-researched content? Then join our team
Our Ideal Candidate Is:
- A great writer – Your words dances, your sentences sings, your writing is fresh, eloquent, and endlessly entertaining. We treat writing as an art form, and we need writers who aspire to no less.
- A thinker – We are an intellectual brothel, and each staff writer will be a thinker and a star in his or her own right. You’ll be smart enough to grasp complicated issues and explain them simply enough for any reasonably intelligent person to understand. You’ll make people think. Your articles will add value to the conversation, and will still be worth reading months, or even years, later.
- A self-starter – Since you will be working remotely with minimal supervision, our editors will guide you, and will periodically assign you stories, but for the most part you’ll take the initiative to come up with and pursue unique story ideas yourself.
- A hard worker – We are a new startup and we have a lot to prove. We can’t afford to take it easy.
- Independent – Good journalists operate without fear or favor. You’ll be ok with offending people on either side of the political spectrum in the service of the truth, and with being part of an outfit that does.
- Versatile – There’s nothing more boring than a journalist who writes about the same thing all the time. We don’t believe in beats or focuses or any of those other things that straightjacket journalists. Indeed, we push our writers to get out of their comfort zone and learn new things. If you need to become knowledgeable on something you know nothing about within a week, you’ll relish the challenge.
This Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
- High stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Write creative contents for publications on a wide range of topics
- Draft and prepare technical/legal documents and letters based on internal materials
- Available for Skype or Zoom meeting periodically and on short notice
- Revise documents according to internal specifications and client feedback
- Perform technical and academic research on a wide range of topics
- Fast and reliable internet
- Excellent writing, editing, research, and critical thinking skills
- Ability to gain a basic understanding of a variety of different scientific topics
- Ability to present complex research in clear, concise prose accessible to a wide audience
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent time management
- Outstanding client service skills
- High degree of self-motivation and ability to work independently under tight deadlines
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor
- 4 – 15 years experience.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (preferred)
What We Offer?:
- Remote work arrangement – Work wherever you like.
- No office politics – Comes of not having a physical office.
- Minimal professional opportunity cost – Since you’re required only to contribute an article every two weeks, you’ll be able to be a staff writer whilst holding a part-time or full-time job elsewhere.
- Competitive Pay
- We’re a meritocracy – Your ability to deliver great articles is what matters most. Nothing else, not your background, not your experience, not your position, counts for near as much.
- Grow as a writer – A magazine is only as good as its writers, and we’ll invest in you. We’ll push you to become a better writer, and then we’ll push you some more.
- Join an A-team. Opportunity to network with industry giants.
N90,000 – N120,000 monthly.
Application Closing Date
24th December, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, Two writing samples and a Cover letter explaining why you’re interested in this position and why you’d be a great candidate to: [email protected] using the Title as the subject of the mail.