Latest job vacancies at Young and Bailey
Young & Bailey is a full service records and document management company providing services from the creation, through storage, to secured destruction of records and documents. The concept developed from many years of experience dealing with management of paper documents, research and consultation with leading companies in the document management field.
Jobs at Young and Bailey Recruitment
October 3, 2022
August 31, 2022
Young and Bailey Nigeria Limited Job Title: Staff Accountant Location: Ikeja, LagosEmployment Type: Full-time Job Description We are looking for a Staff Accountant to manage general accounting and financial processes of our… Read more here
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for a Staff Accountant to manage general accounting and financial processes of our company.
- You’ll be responsible for all daily accounting tasks, including preparing tax documents and updating expense files. You will perform financial transactions and post them in the general ledger, with strong attention to detail.
- You will also carry out relevant administrative duties (e.g. responding to clients via email and handling invoices).
- Ultimately, you will ensure the company’s finances run smoothly.
- Maintain and update accounting records and files
- Analyze budgets and create expense reports
- Examine tax policies and handle tax payments and returns
- Meet with clients to discuss confidential accounting issues
- Post transactions and categorize records in the general ledger (e.g. by assets, liabilities and expenses)
- Reconcile bank statements
- Analyze transactions with internal and external stakeholders
- Conduct month-end and year-end closures
- Prepare documents for audits
- Advise clients on financial issues via email or phone
- Apply new accounting policies and ensure compliance with rules and regulations
- Report to the Accounting Manager and work to improve financial processes
Requirements and Skills
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree with 2 – 6 years of work experience.
- Similar experience as a Staff Accountant or relevant role in accounting
- Excellent use of Microsoft Office Word and Excel; very good with spreadsheets
- Knowledge of an accounting information system is a plus
- Good math skills
- Attention to detail