Title: Young Innovation Officer | Society for Family Health (SFH)
Ref Id: sfh-58834
Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organisations in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors.
About Adolescents 360 Amplify Project (A360-A)
- The project aims to build on the innovative approaches of the Adolescents 360 in designing programs to improve the sexual and reproductive health of adolescent girls aged 15 – 19, primarily through increasing voluntary use of modern contraceptives in three (3) African countries.
- The purpose of Adolescents 360 Amplify is to build on the successes of Adolescents 360 used to break down barriers to adolescent access and use of contraception while increasing the voluntary use of modern contraceptives among adolescent girls aged 15–19 years in 10 Nigerian states.
- The project intends to use a replicable Human-Centered Design (HCD), Youth Engagement fused with Developmental Neuroscience and Anthropology that allows us to understand how the interplay of adolescent development (biological, cognitive, social, emotional, and sexual), culture and sexual norms affects Adolescents Sexual and Reproductive Health (ASRH) behavior.
- This position will be responsible for supporting the design and state-specific innovations in the field.
- They will also support the BCC Specialist to collate human interest stories, success stories, and best practices of all A360 A interventions from the states.
- They will also act as advocates for AYSRH in their states and influence policy on AYSRH programming in these states.
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Strengthen programs through youth-adult partnerships.
- Provide and encourage multiple opportunities for youths to develop, master, and apply critical skills gained from the A360 A project.
- Support the design and state-specific innovations in the field.
- Support the BCC Specialist to collate human interest stories, success stories, and best practices of all A360 A interventions from the states.
- Act as advocates for AYSRH in their states and influence policy on AYSRH programming these states
- Build the capacity of youths to become advocates for adolescent sexual and reproductive health (AYSRH) while also encouraging their parent organizations to adopt the A360 approach.
- Must possess OND, HND, or BSc in Science, Arts, Social Science or related fields
- Must possess a minimum of 1-year experience in a similar field
- Must possess knowledge of computer applications, MS Office package.
- Must be aged between 18- 28 years.
- Experience in human-centered Design is an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies Required:
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft packages especially excel
- Proficient in reading and generating reports from data
- Can speak some local language in the state of implementation
- Very good interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to Multitask and work with minimal supervision.
Application Closing Date
21st August, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply