Latest jobs vacancies in NigeriaDecember 1, 2022. for:
- Enumerator (Data Collector) PDM – 10 Openings
ZOA is an international relief and recovery organization supporting vulnerable people affected by violent conflicts and natural disasters in fragile states, by helping them to realize dignified and resilient lives.
ZOA operates in more than 15 countries in Africa, Middle East Region and Asia. Where our field staff directly aids the most vulnerable victims of displacement.
Job Title: Enumerator (Data Collector) PDM | ZOA | Location: Maiduguri, Borno | Slot: 10 Openings
ZOA’s Programme in Nigeria
- ZOA started operations in Nigeria December 2016, supporting IDPs and returnees of Boko Haram affected states. In the selection of the beneficiaries, we pay careful attention to include the most vulnerable households.
- ZOA currently provides lifesaving food security and livelihood and WATER Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) support to individuals affected by the ongoing Boko Haram insurgency. These activities target both IDPs and host community population in Borno State.
Purpose of the Position
- He/she will be closely supervised and report to the MEAL Assistant.
- The core task will be to assist the MEAL team to conduct Post distribution monitoring of beneficiaries to gather data which will in turn help the project make appropriate decision. Data will be collected through households’ surveys and Focus group discussions (FGD) as required by ZOA.
- Conduct household survey on selected households within the assigned areas.
- Fully understand questionnaire and administer same in order to collect quality data.
- Conduct PDM at household level in a quality and culturally appropriate manner using Kobo collect/RR collect.
- Identify beneficiaries to conduct FGD within the project area.
- Document all the findings in the provided data collection tools.
- Compiling and sorting the filled data collection tools as directed by the supervisor.
- Ensure collected data is accurately recorded.
- Capture data using digital data entry technology provided.
- Ensure anonymity (if needs be) of respondents and develop relationship of trust and safe space during data collection exercise with respondents.
- Identify and report any challenges faced that could affect the quality of the data.
- Take responsibility for project equipment that you may be entrusted with.
- Data collectors must strictly adhere to COVID-19 safety and preventive measures.
- Present the data to the supervisor at the end of each day.
- Collect and transcribe data.
- Report to the supervisor before and after day’s work for further direction.
- Ensure handling in all the completed household surveys and FGD questionnaires for the day to the supervisor.
Post – Enumeration:
- Report the number of surveys collected and any unusual situations to the team leader daily.
- Ensure that all questionnaires and equipment are accounted for.
- Turn over all materials, tablets/phones used in the survey to the MEAL team.
- Minimum of Secondary School Certificate.
Skills and Qualifications Required:
- Working knowledge of Hausa, Kanuri, and Basic English.
- Sensitive and attentive.
- Ability to work independently and confidence to undergo household visits.
- Computer literacy to be able to work on smart phone-based data collection applications.
- Demonstrated experience in household surveys.
- Good facilitation skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Innovative, motivated, and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Willing to accomplish each day’s work with the supervisor by the end of each day.
Working Days and Hours
- 5 days in November and December between 8AM to 5PM.
Application Closing Date
18th October, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should forward their CV and Cover Letter as one file not more than 3 pages (PDF format preferred) to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: ZOA organization does not encourage candidate or its staff to give / collect anything in cash, kind, which is against the organization code of conduct policy. We put our best to be transparent in our activities.